CHAPTER EIGHTY-SIX

THEY'RE SO STRANGE, humans, I mean. Humans who call themselves the strongest but can't live past 100 for so long. Most die even before. Humans are fine one moment but the next, they are on the brink of death.

Such as with the 28th Wizard King, Julius Novachrono.

"Julius!" Hiruko shouted, staggering towards the man, clutching his side.

He and Julius had just fought the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, also known as Licht. Licht shared the same body with William which Hiruko guessed was bothering Yoshiko.

"She knew, didn't she? That was the reason why Yoshiko was agitated," he asked, looking at the white-haired man.

"You really are as smart as William claims. It's such a shame we aren't on the same side," Licht said.

"Hiru...ko..." Julius said.

"Why don't you join me, Hiruko Yamashita, as someone who was also cruelly mistreated by humans, you hold great hatred towards them,"

"Nah. Don't feel like it. Besides, no matter how it seems, I actually like Julius,"

"Really?"

"Not the time,"

"Hold still, I'll burn the wound shut," Hiruko said, igniting his hand with flames.

"It won't work," Julius said.

"Shut up! Yes it will!"

"Hiruko..."

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Julius? Now isn't the time to be playful!" Hiruko shouted, destroying the light sword with his magic.

"I'm sorry, Hiruko," Julius said.

"Owen and Marx are coming soon. Just hold tight until they come," Hiruko said.

"Old man," Yami muttered upon seeing his face. It was the same face he made 16 years ago...

"That sort of spell is...!" Hiruko muttered upon seeing the hundreds of swords.

"We have to protect the kingdom," Julius said.

"Yeah, I know," Hiruko said.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun's leader...without using the power of the magic stones...had a way to kill every civilian," Julius said.

"Even with you and I stopping it, he still got to us," Hiruko said.

"JULIUS!!" Hiruko shouted upon seeing the said man being impaled by a light sword. Hiruko was struck by several smaller swords, causing him to being unable to move. 

"His true goal is... something else! There might be something terrible... in this country... that will awaken..."

"Yeah, probably,"

"So that is what a dark dragon looks like...I must admit, you looked terrifying," Licht said.

"The magic stones were taken away from me... I'm sorry... as Wizard King... that's an inexcusable mistake..."

"The hell're you sayin'...?" Yami asked.

"Julius...you can't be fucking..." Hiruko said, his eyes widening.

"For it to come to this...it's probably made Marx really mad... It's too bad... I couldn't see... Fuegoleon wake up... or Yoshiko use her magic..."

"Don't screw around, sir...! You think you can just go ahead and die?! I ain't gonna forgive y—"

"Hiruko, Yami," Julius said. "I'm leaving the rest to you!"

"Hiruko! Guess who I convinced to join the Magic Knights!"