CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

"NOW THEN, kill your beloved brother with your own two hands... perfectly," the Queen said as she forced Yoshiko to turn to her brother. "Actually, before that..."

She turned her to attention to Asta.

"You kill everyone here with your own two hands. Every last one besides the child's brother...perfectly," the Queen said. "I've always wanted to see the face of a dragon filled with despair. I'll save the two of you for last,"

"You...you bitch!" Yuna shouted at her.

"Swear at me all you like, you cannot escape your fate," the Queen said.

"N-No!!" Noelle and Vanessa shouted.

"Now, then. Who should I kill first?" The Queen asked. "Let's see...I'll start with you, little royal girl,"

"Stop!!" Vanessa shouted but was ultimately ignored.

"It must be fate," the Queen said, turning her attention back to Asta. "To think that a Clover Kingdom royal would die by their sword,"

The Queen forced Asta to lift the sword up. Noelle stared in horror as the second person to accept her lack of magic control stood there, ready to kill her.

"Asta!!" Noelle shouted.

"This is goodbye," the Queen said.

The sword came down but it didn't hit Noelle. Instead, the sword shook in Asta's hands. He was restraining himself from hurting his friend.

'This boy... he's unconscious but he still...!!' The Queen thought.

"No, Elle!!!" Ryuko shouted.

"'Elle' that isn't your name. To think, a royal and a dragon would be so close as to call each other by nicknames... this is rather entertaining..." the Queen said as she turned to Ryuko. "Perhaps I should have the child kill her instead? Then, the horror on your face... will it make me laugh to see how pitiful a dragon can look?"

"No... Don't force my sister to do that, please... she's gone through so much already..." Ryuko said.

"You're pathetic. Nothing like your father. Shall I tell you the story of how he came here all alone to bring back his wife? You would be...eight at the time. That's right, remember when your precious mother disappeared?" The Queen asked. "I took her. Away from you and to prefect her but that wretched man took what was mine away!"

"You're fucking delusional, you know that? You take away my wife and expect me to stay put like an obedient dog. Well guess what? That's not happening. I'll kill you for taking my woman away,"

"That man glared at me in such a way that is sent a shiver down my spine. When I controlled Miyuki, he didn't hesitate to fight his wife and eventually, broke her out of the spell... such pity he was a man. If he was a woman, I would have done anything to keep him by my side," the Queen sighed.

Then, she glared at Ryuko.

"And you! You're nothing like that man! I had hoped to see something like I did in your father but all I see is a pitiful man who can't do anything but cry!" She said.

"You're sorely mistaken if I look pitiful to you," Ryuko said with his eyes narrowed, glaring at the Queen while he smiled coldly. "I'll kill you for hurting my sister,"

'What is this? It feels sinister...' the Queen thought. 'No, forget it, that pitiful boy can't do anything,'

"You won't kill me...!! I won't let you kill me!!" Noelle shouted. "Just you wait!! I'll shake this flimsy spell right off this minute!"