CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

YOSHIKO FELL FROM THE SKY.

Turns out, she had absolutely no reason to jump into the air in order to help Asta because he did everything himself. Now, she was in the air, falling.

Well, this is how I die. The sky's pretty.

"God, just use your wings... Actually, never mind,"

Why?

Asgorath didn't answer because Yoshiko felt someone hold her bridal style. Yoshiko looked up at Asta who smiled at her.

"Yoshiko! Thanks!" He said which confused her. "You've always helped me even though you had your own problems. Thanks for that!"

Yoshiko's eyes slightly widened as Asta put his forehead next to the side of her forehead. And, then, to her surprise, Asta kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Yoshiko. And I really want you to marry me but...if you want to marry someone else, I'll still be happy for you," he said with a smile.

Her eyes widened even further. She wasn't sure how to deal with love. She was never taught and was so determined on her ambition that she didn't have time for such.

Maybe I'll ask Yuna-neechan...

Asta landed on the floor with her. He carefully put her down. Ladros fell several feet away from them.

'All my magic in my body is gone! This can't be... I can't... not here! I guess maybe...this is my limit,' Ladros thought as he closed his eyes, accepting his fate.

"Lad...ros..." Franzel muttered.

Asta walked towards him with a menacing stare. Yoshiko ran towards her uncle who had barely rendered consciousness.

"Yoshi...ko..." he said as she stared worriedly at him.

[Winter Recovery Magic: Nifl's Blessing]

Snowflakes fell all over him. Mahiro smiled at her.

"You look like Miyuki..." Mahiro said with tears in his eyes. "My little sister...she didn't deserve to die yet. Not when she had two adorable kids in this world,"

Yoshiko turned her head to see Ryuko standing by them. He smiled and crouched down to Yoshiko and cupped her face.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

Yoshiko nodded with a small smile.

I think I'm okay! I mean, it does hurt a little but I'll be fine!

Ryuko hugged her tightly.

"God. Never ever scare me like that again! I...won't be able to bare it if I lost you as well," he said.

Yoshiko didn't hug him back because she was healing Mahiro but she leaned into his shoulder.

Mahiro stared at them. For a moment, he saw him and his sisters, Miyuki and Kiyomi. He closed his eyes.

Yoshiko got up after healing her uncle and walked towards Ladros where he stared at Asta who stood over him, glaring.

"Kill me. I'm ready," Ladros said.

Eh?

"Like I'd kill you!!!" Asta shouted. "Starting now, I'm gonna go rescue the people you hurt!! You heal up and come help!! Then, you apologise to everybody!"

Ryuko stood next to Yoshiko with his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him questioningly.

"Look, I'm a Magic Knight captain but I couldn't do anything so I'm gonna help as much as I can right now," he said.