CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE

YOSHIKO SEEMED TO calm down but she was hugging Asta more tighter than usual. Asta noticed this and refused to let her go.

"Anyway, with the Royal Knight exam coming up, you three'll be joining right?" Hiruko asked.

The three nodded. They were obviously more concerned with whatever Yoshiko had just went through then the exams in a week.

"There'll be more tougher, more skilled people there. You three are new so don't get all arrogant or cocky. That will be your worst trait. I've got high expectation for you guys. Julius and I will be waiting Hiruko said,"

"...Yes!" The three said.

-&-

WALKING DOWN THE stairs, Yoshiko held Yuno's hand. Yuno patted her head and asked, "Are you doing better?"

"Mh," Yoshiko nodded.

"Why did you get so scared, Yoshiko?" Asta asked, turning around. "I've never seen you like that,"

Yoshiko let go of Yuno's hand and began to sign.

I don't know myself. When I hugged him, I felt something evil. Something that wanted to hurt me. Even though there are people that want to hurt me, this time, it felt so scary. But it wasn't coming from the Wizard King. It was coming from someone else.

The boys look at each other before looking at Yoshiko again.

"Someone inside the Wizard King?" Yuno asks.

Yoshiko shrugged, Again, I don't know. All I know someone evil was there. Whether it was the Wizard King or not, I don't know.

"Well, whatever it is, we'll find out eventually," Yuno says, patting her head. "For now, just focus on getting in the Royal Knights,"

Nodding, Yoshiko hugged his arm and proceeded to walk down the steps with him.

"Royal Knights, wow! I dunno what the exam'll be like but I'm gonna do it!" Asta said.

"Don't cry if only Yoshiko and I get chosen," Yuno said.

"No way! I'm gonna pass and blow the Midnight Sun away!" Asta said.

'For that...I have to learn to control that power...'

"LEO!!" Someone shouted.

"Whoat?!" Asta shouted.

Leopold was sweating bullets and stuttered, "Y-Yes?"

He was punched square in the face and Yoshiko freaked out.

It's that scary captain!!

"YOU IDIOT!!" She shouted. "The Crimson Lions are in 5th?! Explain the reason for this failure! Before you go die in a mission, I'm gonna kill you all here and now!!"

W-We just caught up in a soon-to-be massacre!! Asta, Yuno and Yoshiko thought at the same time.

"This is the first time in history that the Crimson Lions has not taken 1st or 2nd place!" She shouts. "Not only that, we've taken a joke of a place like fifth?!"

She radiated a powerful, dangerous aura and Yoshiko wanted to get the hell out of there. Dragon or not, this lady was scary.

"My dear younger brother is asleep for and bit and sister-in-law is pregnant and this is what happens?! Are you helpless little babies?!"

Younger brother?!

"She's captain Fuegoleon's elder sister and your father's student,"

Huh?!