CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE

HOW LONG HAVE I been out for? Yoshiko thought, staring at the pitch black sky. I'm not awake, I can tell... and I can't feel my connection with Mr. Asgorath and Rin...

Yoshiko looked around. She was on a pathway to somewhere. This was oddly familiar...

This is where I met the real Licht...

Yoshiko decided to follow the path again. If she was right, then she would meet the real Licht again. However, she was still on guard and took out her blue rose sword. She looked down at it.

I haven't used winter magic in a while...my magic skills will dull if I don't practise or use it.

She saw someone nearby and stopped. She bent down into a stance only to realize who it was when they turned their head to her.

"Licht!" Yoshiko shouted, happily.

"You are...Yoshiko!" Licht said as the girl put away her sword and ran to hug him. "You can talk now, can't you?"

"Yes!" Yoshiko said with a smile.

"That's wonderful. I'm so glad I can hear you speak, you have a lovely voice," Licht told her.

"Hehe... thank you," she said with a small blush.

'So cute and innocent...' Licht thought, patting her head while still hugging her.

The two separated and Yoshiko immediately grabbed Licht's hand. Licht held a firm grip on it and walked with her to the tree they had been at before.

"What has happened since I last met you?" He asked, sitting Yoshiko down.

"Bad stuff," Yoshiko said flatly.

Slowly, Yoshiko explained things. She explained the magic stones, the elf tribe and the massacre, her bloodline as an Isbert and finally, Patri kidnapping her.

"So Patri kidnapped you and now you can't wake up?" Licht asked with a strained smile.

Yoshiko cautiously nodded. Uh oh. He seems mad.

"I'll have a talk with him once this all over," Licht said.

With another cautious nod, Yoshiko went to grab a cookie.

"You can't speak with Asgorath?"

"Or Rin,"

"The dark spirit?"

"Yep,"

"How odd...I believe a magic spell has been placed on you, preventing you, Asgorath or Rin to wake up,"

"Really?" Yoshiko asked.

"Really," Licht nodded.

Yoshiko proceeded to grumble as she ate the cookie.

"How...many...days have...passed?" Yoshiko asked.

"I'd say a few days," Licht said. "I'm not sure if time flows normally here,"

"Oh," Yoshiko said. That means the Royal Knights selection has passed. They'll be here soon and Asta will be able to wake me up with his anti-magic...

Yoshiko let out a small frown. Maybe I should have listened to Patri since I'm also part human... but still, after everything he's done, he didn't deserved to be listened.

'She seems lost in thought. Maybe I should wait until she's done thinking,' Licht thought when he noticed she wasn't eating the cookie and staring intently at the floor.

Even so, we need to try to understand them. A genocide happened, his friends and family all died, he was upset and angry, he thought that getting revenge was the right thing to do. I guess if someone hurt Asta, Yuno, the Black Bulls or my family, I would try to hurt the person who hurt them.