CHAPTER FIFTEEN

WHILE RIDING the wyvern, sounds of things crashing were heard. Yoshiko looked around trying to figure out where it came from.

"Do you think it's Luck?" Asta asked.

"Probably," Noelle said.

"We should go help him!"

"He can handle it on his own,"

Yoshiko shook her head at Noelle.

"See! Yoshiko agrees with me!"

"Fine!"

-&-

When they got there, Luck was about to be killed by Lotus but Asta stopped him just in the nick of time. He jumped off the wyvern and slashed the smoke while Yoshiko and Noelle landed just behind them.

"Who are you?" Lotus asked.

"We're his friends!" Asta yelled.

"Well, well, friends to rescue, hm? Quite the problem for me," Lotus said.

He doesn't seem like a bad person.

"He really isn't,"

Have the two of you met?

"On the battlefield, he's got a nice personality. One of the few humans I tolerate,"

"We're your opponents, mister!" Asta yelled.

"That guy is my prey!" Luck said. "I'll do this alone!"

"Wha- what are you saying?!" Noelle asked.

No! He's injured and barely has enough mana to fight!

[Winter Enhancement Magic: Niflheim's Gift]

Luck was surrounded by snow but it didn't slow him down or make him feel cold. Instead, he could feel his mana rising.

"Fine, do whatever you want," Asta said.

As Luck was going to land the blow on Lotus, he moved out of the way and readied a spell that was potentially dangerous.

"Looks like this is no time to hold back!" He said getting ready to release it.

But his spell was nullified by Asta.

"And I'll do whatever I want to keep you safe!" Asta yelled. "Like we'd actually abandon you!"

Luck's eyes widen at both Asta and Yoshiko who had made his mana rise again.

"I don't know what you think of me!" Asta said. "But you're my friend!"

"Hm!" Yoshiko agreed.

"True," Luck said. "Fighting together sounds more fun!"

Asta and Yoshiko smiled as Noelle gave a determined look.

Lotus, on the other hand, grew weary. Not just of the unexpected turn in Luck's attitude but of Yoshiko as well. He knew that spell from anywhere. He had fought a similar woman many times. Each time losing but still, he knew. And not to mention that her mana was just like his.

I didn't know they had a daughter. Next time I see him I'll ask.

"Yeah this is not good," Lotus said. "If that's how you're playing, this old man will have to get serious too!"

[Smoke Creation Magic: Prison of the Fallen King]

"There's no escape now kids!" Lotus told them.