CHAPTER THRITY-SEVEN

RYUKO THOUGHT Licht was stupid. Why was he getting so... obsessed with him and Yoshiko? It didn't make sense. Not to him at least.

If he was given a moment of break, he probably would have figured out more.

Yoshiko's fever is pretty bad right now... I gotta end this quickly otherwise...

He shook his head. He couldn't afford to think of the worst. Not right now.

He and Yami landed on the ground with Licht a safe distance away. Valtos or the weird line guy had collapsed after Asta punched him.

"Captain Yami! Captain Ryuko!" Asta shouted at them.

"Wah ha ha ha! Nice one kid!" Yami praised pointing at him.

Ryuko only smiled in approval.

"You got me," Licht said. Ryuko got into a stance just in case he tried something.

"About five meters, is it? No doubt the range is limited. To think... two people have the capability to absorb any magic. Dark magic is amazing! The one attribute that is the natural enemy of my light magic!"

"He's strange..." Ryuko muttered.

"However, dark magic is extremely slow. Light magic has absolute speed. In a way, they're polar opposites. That's why you used your darkness to cloak your weapon and created a combat style that used reinforcement magic to compensate!"

Yami lit up his cigarette and then pointed at him.

"Correct!"

'Why does he sound like he's bragging?!' Asta and Ryuko thought simultaneously.

"By the way, what's up? You can use recovery magic, right? Hurry up and recover," Yami said. "Although, while you're healing yourself, I'll cut you down even more,"

"I admit it. You're the second pair of people who could defeat me! Unfortunately, I can't waste my time on you,"

"What was that, you punk?!"

"Don't underestimate us you little no good!"

"I still have one ultimate enemy left. The one who inflicted this incurable wound. That unique individual, Julius Novochrono!"

"Hey, don't talk about killing my godfather in front of me!" Ryuko shouted.

"What?! The Wizard King's your godfather?!" Asta asked.

"Yeah,"

"Is he Yoshiko's too?!"

"Yeah, he is,"

"Right now, this is my greatest spell! The speed you'll never avoid... a spell with such a range and high output that pulling it in with the spell you use won't work. You'll meet your end with this, captain of the Black Bulls!"

"Oh, yeah right! Quit underestimating captain Yami and captain Ryuko!" Asta shouted angrily.

"Nah, I don't like the look of that," Yami said.