CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

FINDING MISSING CHILDREN was not on Yoshiko's vacation plan. She was just as worried as Rebecca. She had gotten close to the children and heard them missing made her wonder where they were.

"The kids are gone!" Rebecca shouted. "Luca and Marco... where could they be at this hour?"

"Maybe... the bathroom?" Asta asked.

"Urian, where are you?"

"Chris!"

"Fawn is gone!"

"Not the bathroom I guess- Agh!!!" Asta shouted dodging a mirror.

"Die,"

"Get over it already!"

"What in the world..."

This smell... there's magic being used...

"Hey! What's going on in this town?!" A familiar voice asked. Low and behold; the sea goddess; Noelle Silva.

Yes, I simp Noelle. She's my favourite character.

Yoshiko went up to her and gave her a hug. Noelle hugged back but then turned to them.

"Snow falling out of nowhere at this time of the year?! That's insane!" She shouted.

"Noelle?!"

"I saw lots of children leave for the mountain a little while ago. What was that? Magic? Some kind of festival?" She asked.

It's magic... but why?

"Those children haven't properly developed their magic yet,"

"You mean...!" Rebecca said as Asta dodged another one of Gauche's mirrors.

"By the way, Noelle. What are you doing here?" Asta asked.

"I just happen to be passing through!" Noelle said flusteredly.

She was here the whole time!

"This snow... I sense magic. Someone's spell. A spell that controls its targets. It may be limited to children who haven't developed their magic yet," Theresa said. "Several of ours were taken as well! Kidnapping children. What are they planning to do with them?!"

"Don't tell me... Marie better not be one of them!" Gauche said angrily.

"Unfortunately, yes," Theresa said.

Gauche held the old nun by the collar. "You were right there! What were you doing?!"

"Damn. Not even your brother would do that,"

Aniki's different! His nose doesn't bleed when he sees me!

"Resorting to violence immediately! You really are good for nothing!" Theresa shouted. Yoshiko was impressed by her calm attitude.

She's really cool!

"Hit me if you want. But it won't bring back the children!" She exclaimed.

"You're right," Gauche said. Then he went in for the punch. "But I've got to vent out this anger somehow!"

Fortunately for Theresa, Asta took the hint instead. It shocked her.

"Asta... you little..."

"Now, now, mister Gauche... you need to... CALM DOWN!" Asta shouted headbutting him. "A Magic Knight must always remain calm!"

"You're right. I'll calmly kill you!" Gauche said.

Wrong interpretation!

"That hurt you lousy brat!" Gauche shouted angrily.