CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEEN

YOSHIKO HEADED INTO the forest in order to find Asta and Yuno, the last two people she needed to ask. She knew Yuno had come to train with Asta, Vanessa was talking about it earlier, but there were two problems.

The first one was whether they would be okay with it. Their opinions mattered the most in her mind as they had been with her since she was a child.

And secondly, her heart won't stop beating fast upon thinking of them. No matter how often she tried to stop her heart from beating rapidly, it wouldn't work. Rin told her she was in love with them and now, Yoshiko was split between two things: if that was true or false.

"It's true. Those are signs of love," Rin said.

I-I've been with them since we were kids! There's no way I'd fall in love now!

"That's not how it works..."

Shaking her head, Yoshiko lightly slapped her cheeks. She then picked up on their scents and her eyes slightly widened.

They're over there...

"They are. Let's hurry up and ask them,"

Um... about that?

"What is it?"

C-Can I go alone, please?

"How come?"

I... I just want to be alone with them... they've been with me for the longest time and... I really want to know their opinions without anyone else knowing...

"If that's what you want,"

And so, Asgorath summoned himself and grabbed Rin by her wings. Rin attempted to break free but Asgorath was much bigger and stronger.

"Go," Asgorath said. "We'll be at the base,"

Yoshiko nodded and headed into the forest. Asgorath watched her leave while Rin struggled in his hold.

"Love... she truly loves those boys..."

Yoshiko finally made her way to where her friends were. Yuno and Asta were training with their magic and new forms. They seemed focused when Yoshiko called out to them.

"Asta... Yuno..." she said.

The two stopped and turned to her. For some reason, Yoshiko's face turned red but she ignored it as the two approached her.

"Hey! Yoshiko, what's up?" Asta asked.

"Are you feeling alright? Your face is all red," Yuno said.

"I-I'm fine...!" Yoshiko said, mustering up a smile. "I need... to talk... with both... of you,"

"Sure, what's up?" Asta asked.

"Um... well..." Yoshiko started.

They all sat on the ground. Yoshiko kept stuttering and fidgeting with her hands. Asta took the opportunity to hold one of it a squeeze it, reassuring the young girl that everyone was going to be okay.

Slowly, the hybrid began to explain her current situation. Unlike with everyone else, she explained in great detail, barely missing out any points. It took a while but Asta and Yuno were patient and quietly listened to her.

When Yoshiko was done, the two rivals looked at each other before looking at Yoshiko who was staring at the ground in embarrassment with a small blush on her face.

"What do you want to do, Yoshiko?" Asta asked after a moment of silence.

"I don't... know," Yoshiko answered, still looking at the ground.