CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

CHARGING TOWARDS THE FIRE, Asta and Mars attempted to get the Fana Mars knew back and stop the woman. Everyone else stayed back and watched. Yoshiko and Ryuko were behind the rest of them, laying on the floor, passed out from the pain.

"This time, I'm not letting anyone die!" They both shouted.

"Stay... away from me!!" Fana growled as Salamander shot three flames towards them.

Asta screamed as he used his sword to slice it in half while Mars used his mineral magic to block the attack.

'They're both fantastic!! High-powered flame magic at that range, and it doesn't faze them!' Franzel thought. 'Still, they don't have even a few minutes left!! Will they make it?!'

"Onee-san, should we help as well?" Haruto asked Yuna who had her lips pursed.

"Do as you like," Yuna told him. "One of us needs to stay back with Yoshiko and Ryuko and since I can heal them, I'll stay,"

"Got it!" Haruto shouted as he ran towards Fana, preparing for a fight.

'I'll charge in until my swords in range! Then, I'll cancel out that self-destruct spell!' Asta thought.

But then, he felt sudden burning sensations all over his body. He hollowed as his body burned from the heat.

'What insane heat!! If we go any further, we'll be charcoal!'

[Flame Recovery Magic: Phoenix Robe]

Mars' magic healed the burn marks on their skin.

"Still good to go?!" Mars asked.

"Yeah! As long as my body doesn't turn to charcoal, I can go as far as you want!" Asta said.

'This guy is amazing. After I fought him in the dungeon, I battled against many other expert fighters but I've never met anyone who's this bad at giving up. He's also strange...' Mars thought as he looked at Asta.

'He talked to me and is trying to help me, even though it's still not clear whether or not I'm a friend or a foe. I've fought several of the Clover kingdom's Magic Knights and none of them tried as hard to protect and help the others as he does... He embodies the name, in the truest sense of words. He is a real knight!'

"Uh... are you okay?!" Asta asked him.

"I'm fine!!" Mars replied quickly. "This pain can't even begin to compare to Fana's!"

'This guy's completely different from when Yoshiko and I fought him in the dungeon! Yoshiko told me he had some strange feelings but it was hard to believe her because he looked so cold,' Asta thought.

'Enormous, polished power and the steadfast determination to save somebody. If I was blind, I might have thought he was Yoshiko! The way he is now, he's unbreakable!'

"Hey, you two. You better hurry up before she explodes," Haruto said coming between them. "She's just about to,"

"Haruto! How are you...?" Asta asked.

"Dragons have resistance to the heat and cold. This is making me sweaty but unlike the two of you, I'll live without magic!" Haruto explained. "Now hurry up!"

"Right!" Both of them said.

Looking at the fire, Franzell turned to the Black Bulls who stood behind, watching.

"It's going to blow away any second now! You should evacuate..." Franzel said but trailed off when he saw their determined face.

He was shocked momentarily. But then, he turned around and smiled, staring at the flames before him.