CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

"SO, UM, WHAT NOW?" Asta asked, staring at the dragon king.

"What do you mean, 'what now'?" Asgorath demanded placing a hand on Yoshiko's hip. "The threat's coming in two years. You've still got time to grow,"

"Right!" Asta shouted.

"They're starting to present the awards to the Magic Knight squads in the great hall!" Someone shouted causing the two to turn to them. "I hear all the captains will be getting together at once!"

"The Crimson Lions and and the Purple Orca's new captains are both coming too! I wonder what kind of people they are?"

"The former captain of the Azure Deer's coming as well!" A girl blushed. "Is he still hot as he was two years ago? Kyaaa! I can't wait to see him!"

"Ryuko-nii?" Asta asked, cupping his chin.

"Yes, him," Asgorath said. "Though, I suppose he won't be happy to hear these compliments,"

"Why not?" Asta asked. "Ryuko-nii seems like a happy person,"

"He hates fake people," Asgorath said. "He's been like that since he was a child,"

"Really?" Asta asked as the dragon nodded. "Wow, he doesn't seem like that kind of person,"

"He hides it well. He's forced to pretend so he doesn't make the person feel bad. Inside, he's not only hating the person but himself for being so fake," Asgorath then sighed. "He's too worried about making people feel bad that he doesn't realise he's hurting himself,"

Asta stares at Asgorath for a moment. The dark dragon looks to the side.

"Come on, let's go see what your captain has to say,"

-&-

They found Yami looking at the passed out Vanessa and Charlotte.

"What the heck happened here?" Asgorath asked.

"Oh, sir deep voice is here," Yami said as Asgorath glared daggers at him. "What were the two of you talking about,"

"Well... um..." Asta stared but Asgorath cut him off.

"That's none of your business, boy," Asgorath said, crossing his arms. "Now, why are you here and not up there?"

"Because there's no point. We always come last," Yami said.

"No, I think not this time around," Asgorath said in a hushed voice.

"Thank you everyone for gathering here," a voice said.

Everyone looked to see the Wizard King and behind him to his right was the Shadow Wizard King and to his left, Marx.

"Ah... Look over there!" Someone pointed.

"It's the Wizard Kings!!"

"The Wizard Kings themselves are going to present the awards?! Frickin' awesome!"

"For this year's ceremony, I and the Shadow Wizard King shall be presenting the Magic Knight awards," Julius said. "Afterwards, the king and leader of the Dragon Tribe will also be taking the stage so please look forwards to an exciting event,"

"The leader of the Dragon Tribe's coming as well?!"

"So cool!"

"They don't even care that the King's coming," Hiruko whispered with a smirk.

"As you all know, Clover kingdom is a part of the aggression of the of the Diamond and Spade kingdoms. We continue our difficult battle against the terrorist organisation that has appeared, known as the Eye of the Midnight Sun.