CHAPTER THRITY-FOUR

YOSHIKO LOOKED at the former captain with teary eyes. The captain didn't look back but just took out his blade. It was a silver katana with the guard being shaped like a golden snowflake and the handle being electric blue. The edge of the blade was golden as well.

"Captain Yami! What are you doing here?" Asta asked.

"I'm a Magic Knight. Obviously, I'd show up," Yami said in a matter-a-fact tone. "Noelle reported this to the Magic Knight headquarters,"

"Eh? Noelle did? She's here?" The captain asked.

"Would you shut up for two minutes?" Yami asked him.

"Hey! We haven't seen each other in two years and this is how you treat me?!" He whined, wrapping Yami from behind.

"Ignore this idiot will you," Yami told them.

'He...He's just letting him hug him!' Yoshiko and Asta thought. 'Is he really captain Yami!'

"I know what you're think brats. If you tell anyone, I'll kill you, got it?" Yami asked as the two nodded quickly. "The Magic Knight squad that was closest was the Black Bulls. None of the members looked like they were going to be of use so I came here in person. I'll kill them later,"

The captain finally let go of Yami and turned his attention to Yoshiko and gave her a big smile.

"Thanks for waiting, imouto,"

"Ee-moo-toh?" Asta asked.

"It means little sister," the captain replied without looking at him. He pulled Yoshiko into a hug. "This is the second time we've hugged in fifteen years,"

"Wait... Sister?! Yoshiko's your sister?!" Asta asked.

Then Yami grabbed his head. "And I thought I told you two to rest. Whaddya think you're doing? Should I send you to eternal rest?"

"Gyaah! I'm sorry!" Asta shouted.

"Quit hurting your subordinates, Yami," the captain said.

"Says the guy who left his subordinates," Yami retorted.

"I left them in good hands! Ranulf is very reliable!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever,"

"Hey, Captain Ryuko," Finral said.

"Hm?" The captain studied him for a moment before coming to realisation. "Finral? Is that you?"

"Hey," Finral said.

"You've grown! And Yami's taken you in! Good, good," Ryuko grinned.

"That's the captain of the Black Bulls!" Valtos noticed. "And that captain is Yoshiko's older brother... Should I bring them?"

"No... he's a dark magic user and Ryuko is the light dragon's host. I've been wanting to fight them," Licht said. "Ryuko,"

"What do you want creep?" Ryuko asked, bringing Yoshiko close to him.

"Why stay with the ones who hurt you?" Licht asked. "Ever since you were a child, you've always faced discrimination. So why?"

Ryuko's eyes narrowed.

How does he know that?

"Because," Ryuko said. "I've got people like Yami and William,"

Licht's eyes widen.

"I don't expect you to understand," Ryuko said. That's when his aura became dark. "By the way... you were the one who kidnapped my sister, weren't you?"