CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

"SEE YA, MISTER DESPAIR," Yami said as the magic around Vetto disappeared. "I fought you last, just like you wanted, so you better rest in peace. By bad, though. I didn't despair about anything either,"

Vetto fell to the ground with a 'flump'. Yami stared at the corpse. He wondered if the magic that Vetto threatened to release had something to do with Yoshiko's screams and pain.

"CAPTAIN YAMIIII!" Asta and the rest shouted as the short boy hit Yami's back with his head.

Yami shook a little but he didn't flinch. He turned to see Asta, Vanessa, Finral and Noelle in front of him.

"I...!! Seriously!! I thought...!! Dead! Me! Life flashed! Before my eyes...!!" Finral stuttered out as he struggled for words and gripped onto Yami.

"Captain, I swear! I just fell for you all again! You're totally invincible, you know that?!" Vanessa gushed with rosy cheeks.

"I... I never asked anyone to save me, all right?!" Noelle clarified also with rosy cheeks.

"Captain Yami! You're awesome!! In just one attack! You, sir, are seriously...!!" Asta also gushed with sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks.

Yami, however, wasn't having any of it.

He took out his blade and started swinging it.

"Argh. Scram," he said as everyone ran away.

"Huh?" Asta stopped upon noticing the swallowtail.

Nero pecked Asta's head several times while holding a stone in its mouth.

"Nero!! That's..." Asta trailed upon seeing the item they were searching for. "The magic stone! I wondered where you were! Were you looking for that?! Good bird!!"

"Kiato! Kahano!" Gifso yelled as he sped towards his grandchildren. He hugged their unconscious bodies tightly. "All because of my stupid little game!"

He was sobbing dramatically, just so you know. Then he turned towards the Black Bulls and go on his hands and knees, bowing to the worst squad.

"Black Bulls! In beating the Eye of the Midnight Sun, you have cleared the game! Splendid work! You also have my profound grattitude of saving the Underwater Temple!" Gifso thanked. "As hight priest, I'm begging you! Please let me grant you a wish!"

"Sure thing," Yami said holding up the stone. "We'll be taking this magic stone, the way we agreed,"

By the look on his face, even someone as dense as Asta and Yoshiko could tell that he had no idea what the stone actually was.

"Well, well... so that's the magic stone, eh? You sure that's enough? Take it, take it!" Gifso insisted.

"Huh?" Yami asked. "Gramps, didn't you know about the stone already?"

"Nope. I took a li'l peek in your thoughts and saw you were looking for some 'magic stone' thing. What exactly is that rock?" Gifso asked.

"..." Not even Yami could say something. And he always has something to say.

"Is the evil boss over here?! I, Charmy, will smite him! Have at me!" Charmy shouted while coming in on top of her cotton. "Hm?! Where is he?! Did he get cold feet?!"

"..." once again, Yami and the rest of the Bulls had no words. All he could say was, "Must be nice to have that much energy,"

"Hey, captain," Asta called. "Where's Yoshiko? Wasn't she trapped with you?"

"That brat... isn't feeling well," Yami said.

"She's sick?!" Asta shouted while Noelle was also shocked.