CHAPTER EIGHTY-EIGHT

RYUKO SILENTLY WALKED down the Midnight Sun's base. His eyes were lifeless, body moving on its own. A human would have saw nothing was wrong with him but a dragon would instantly tell that wasn't Ryuko but someone possessing his body.

The figure stopped upon seeing the silver-haired girl. His eyes slightly widened upon seeing her but his expression didn't change at all. The girl's however, didn't change one bit. It remained emotionless and lifeless.

"What is...?" She questioned, tilting her head.

"Most likely another soul taking over his body," Asgorath said, appearing out of nowhere. "However, it isn't fully in control right now. It still needs time which gives us enough time to get him back,"

Giving a small nod, the little girl went to the taller man and cupped her hands around his face.

"Ani...it's me," she said. She noticed the slightly widened eyes in the man. "Remem...ber me?"

She heard footsteps and turned her head to see two people looking at her. One was Luck and the other was a member from the Crimson Lions.

"The red in her eyes... she's a dragon," spoke the Crimson Lion member.

"Yes, but she looks human as well," spoke Luck.

Taking her hands off her brother, the young girl turns her entire body to them.

"Who are... you?" She asked.

"Ah, seems you are a dragon of this time, allow us to explain," spoke 'Ben'. "A reincarnation spell was placed on us. When the spell was completed, we awakened from our dormant and replaced these souls,"

"...I see," spoke the child. "So you... are elves?"

"Yes! And you must know what had happened to us long ago since you are a dark dragon," 'Ben' said.

"Asgorath! Why aren't you saying anything?" 'Luck' asked, looking at the Dragon King.

"..." Asgorath remained silent.

"Yes, I... know," the child said. "But you... can't do... this,"

"Pardon?" 'Ben' asked.

"Do not... take lives... it is... wrong,"

"You must understand, child, this isn't wrong, we are simply reclaiming what we lost long ago,"

"No, you... are not,"

"How so?"

"The... royals... now did... not cause... you to... die,"

"But they are descendants of those criminals, they must pay for their ancestors' crimes!"

Frowning, the girl moves her hand away from her side and lights with blue flames. She stares lifelessly at the elves.

"We can... no... longer... talk this... out," she said. We must knock them out instead.

"What are you—?!" Shouted 'Ben' as blue flames were shot at him. He and 'Luck' narrowly dodged them.

"Be gone!" The girl shouted.

She was going to continue when a hand was pressed on her shoulder. She turned her head to see her older brother walking towards them.

"Don't sully your hands when I'm here, Imouto," he said. "I'll take care of this,"

"Ani...ki..." the girl says as the male summons swords of light.

"Now then, why won't you listen to my little sister, elves?"

-&-

MIMOSA TREMBLED as she was tied to an steel cross made by her comrade, Klaus. Well, she wasn't sure if he was her comrade anymore, he was so much more different from what he usually was.