CHAPTER NINETY-SIX

YOSHIKO STOOD NEXT to Asgorath as she ate a bowl of salad. She was behind the other Black Bulls so that she could be used as a secret weapon. For them, she and Asta were their secret weapons. Both were unpredictable and had incredible abilities.

"Woooohooo! Let's go!!" The Black Bulls shouted with food in their mouths.

"Gross. Close your mouths," Asgorath told them.

However, he was ignored. Not that he cared. It wasn't like they were doing anything bad.

Both he and Luck picked up on three powerful signatures. A small static flew from Luck's forehead.

"There...!" He said. "There are three elves in the town ahead!"

"What town is that?" Asta asked, looking back at Asgorath.

"It's known as 'Hecairo'. There isn't anything important about it but we should hurry. I can tell that people are dying,"

Right... Mr. Asgorath has better senses than me. Yoshiko thought, looking up at him.

"Right!" The Black Bulls shouted.

"I doubt you'd need my help," Asgorath told Yoshiko. "But still, be on your guard,"

"Right,"

"We'll follow your orders, Asgorath!" Asta said.

"What?" Asgorath asked.

"You've got the most experience with fighting plus, you know a lot about the elves!" Asta told them.

"Our captain isn't here right now so that means we need someone who can lead us," Vanessa said with a wink.

"And the best person to lead us is none other than the king of dragons himself!" Magna said.

Asgorath's face was priceless. He was shocked by their kindness towards him. But in the end, he gave them a smirk.

"Alright, get ready, humans," he said.

"Yeah!" They all cheered.

In the town ahead, three Magic Knights taken over by the elves stood on an overly large tree stump. They were members of the Blue Rose, Purple Orcas and Coral Peacocks.

"Fufu, what a shame... It seemed like a nice town too," the Blue Rose Knight elf said.

"Not even a shadow of it will remain," the Purple Orca elf said.

"We should finish up here," the Coral Peacock elf told them.

In the village, the townsfolk were injured. Some of them were covered in ice while others were trapped in the Earth. This was the work of the elves.

There were Magic Knights in the area who weren't possessed. However, they were all severely injured, unable to fight them.

"It's not use...! They're too strong!"

"Saint of Pure Ice... why?"

"I-Is this the end... of the Clover Kingdom?"

The saint of pure ice, known as Xerx Lugner, created a ice breeze over his hand.

"I will purge you all, filthy humans!" He told them.

He then twitched upon seeing something in the distance.

"Something is... headed this way..." he noticed. "What is that...?"

"Newcomers, eh? Hah! They hardly add any value to the human resistance," the Coral Peacock elf, his human name being Protobe Collina, scoffed.

'Protobe' crouched on the floor and put his hands down. Then, using his magic, he created a spell, attempting to block the humans from approaching.

[Earth Magic: Ground Wall]