CHAPTER NINETY-THREE

ON THE CROSS of the Hage's church, Nero sat there, watching the fight happen.

Asta, Yuno and Yoshiko had their grimoires opened, ready to fight the Magic Knight who turned into an elf.

"The human who owned this body seems to have also been a Magic Knight?" The elf asked. "And there's also a dark dragon.... To defend against my attacks, not bad,"

'Dragon?' Sister Lily thought, looking at Yoshiko. 'Yoshiko is a dragon?'

"How about this?" The elf asked.

Suddenly, several poisonous plants came towards them. Without hesitation, the three Magic Knights destroyed the plants in seconds, causing everyone to be shocked.

"Y-You guys are awesome!" Nash shouted at them.

"Father! Please, hold on!" Recca's crying voice came from behind.

The three turned to see Father Orsi on the ground, covered in poison. Their eyes widened and their younger siblings began to cry more.

"You can't die!" Aruru cried.

'Poison!' Asta noticed. Then, he remembered what he did with Marco when he and the other children were taken. '...The demon-slayer sword might be able to cure it?'

Asta turned around, running towards Father Orsi and the others.

"Yuno! Yoshiko! Can you handle this for a bit?!" Asta asked them.

"I will," Yoshiko said.

"Of course! Rather, we'll defeat him ourselves," Yuno said.

"All right! I'll leave it to the two of you for a sec!" Asta said to them. "Sister! Nash! Get back!"

Reaching Father Orsi, Asta slid down and crouched next to him.

"Father!" He shouted.

"Asta!" Aruru cried. "Father... He just protected us, and...!!"

Asta took the hilt of the demon-slayer sword and rubbed it on Father Orsi's temple in hopes of getting rid of the poison. However, the spell did not vanish. The father of the church continued to groan in pain, clinging onto the last bits of his life.

'C'mon!' Asta gritted. "Dammit! It's no use?!"

'It's not my anti-magic isn't working right now... It's like the magic's affect has already left his body,'

"Asta! That won't work!" Rin said, flying to Asta.

"What?! Why not?!" Asta asked.

"The spell has left already, this poison has very little magic in it. It can't be taken away,"

"Then Yoshiko might be able to help!"

"She could... but I think she's a little busy,"

Looking over at Yuno and Yoshiko, Asta noticed the two trying to break through the spell and get to the elf. However, it was near impossible as the elf kept creating new poisonous plants.

"G... uhh! Am I done for?" The father asked, opening his old eyes.

"Father!" Aruru whined.

"I can see Asta..." he said.

"It's me! Father!! Hang in there!" Asta told him.

"Loud as usual," Orsi laughed. "Even if you're just an illusion... to get to see your energetic self in the end... I'm glad... My only regret is to not hear Yoshiko speak,"

Asta recalled memories of Orsi and him when they were younger. Sitting on his shoulders, running away from him while holding a lit up torch with Yoshiko and him crying as he waved them goodbye.