CHAPTER THRITY-NINE

"THREE MAGIC KNIGHT captains?!" Asta asked in complete shock.

"There were already two. So how come you're so surprised now?" Rin asked sitting on his head.

"No fair, Yami. Fighting fun opponents all by your lonesome... Whaddya think? Are they worth slicing up?!" Jack asked.

"Nah. No way. They're pretty much like paper," Yami said taking out his cigarette.

Rin gave him an unamused face.

"Bwahaha! Now you're lying!" Jack laughed. Then he placed one of his knife-like blades near Yami's neck. "And hey, should I grab the chance to cut you up? Vent out all my past grudges?"

"And there he goes. That guy's an idiot," Yami said. "I'm so sorry, sir. Please forgive me,"

"Bwahaha! Moron! Like I'd actually do it! If I was going to do it, I'd wait until you're at a hundred percent. There's no point in slicing you up otherwise!" Jack said licking his blade.

"Ew. Sir, do you realise you can get several health problems by licking your blade?" Rin asked flying in front of him.

"Rin! What are you doing?" Asta asked.

"Saving this man's life. Now, tell me. How many people's blood is on it?" She asked.

"Eh..."

Yami laughed.

Rin sighed before leaving.

"If he dies, it isn't any of my business. After all, I'm Yoshiko's host,"

"It's the captain of the Praying Mantis, Jack the Ripper, a severing magic user!" Finral said. "A super sadistic destruction fiend who brags that he'll slice up the whole world. Supposedly, he shaved up a whole mountain after a scuffle with Yami..."

"How long are you going to stay rear? For a man, you're rather pitiful," Charlotte said.

"Idiot. The ground loves me so much it won't let my butt off," Yami said.

"You're the idiot. The ground would never love an outlaw like you,"

And yet, you love him... Rin thought upon hearing her thoughts.

"Ooh, harsh. If you don't fix that attitude, you'll never find a guy that will marry you," Yami said.

"What about you? Will you marry her with that attitude?" Rin asked leaning in with complete curiosity.

"Who knows," Yami said.

"I don't need one! The battlefield is my husband!" She said.

"Captain of the Blue Rose Knights, captain Charlotte Roselei! She's gorgeous! I'd love to get to know her!" Finral said.

"And now you're all hyper!" Asta shouted.

Oh! Why did I insult him again! Never mind that, why did I fall for someone like him? Even so, I can't let him out of my head! And to think, Lady Miyuki trained him of all people! Argh... It's too late to say I love him! Besides, if I did, what would my squad say?! And that tiny girl... Why did she ask that question?! Does she... know my feelings for Yami?!

"The battlefield's your partner? How sad," Yami noted. "Even that Crazy Lady has a husband. And she's a full-time battling woman,"

"Lady Miyuki and I are different people!"

"The top brass of the traitors who attacked our kingdom all in a row. What a perfect opportunity. I'll bury them with my own hands. You can hurry and vanish, foreigner," Nozel told Yami.