CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTEEN

AS HER BROTHER promised, Yoshiko was back at the base the next day. As soon as she got there, she was bombarded with her squad mates about her well-being. Yoshiko blinked a few times upon hearing their concern but said that she was fine for the most part.

Even so, she couldn't help but think of what her older brother told her. To go to the Dragon Tribe for some time and the return, healthy and stronger. She didn't want to leave her friends behind but she didn't want to be a burden to them either.

"If it's such a problem, why don't you ask them directly?" Rin suggested, sitting on her shoulder. "With more opinions, you'll be able to make a decision,"

"I agree," Asgorath said. "You should ask your squad what they think,"

Nodding, Yoshiko went to find her all her squad and ask them on their opinions of this.

The first person was Magna. Rin explained everything in minimal but enough detail. Once she was done, Magna thought about it for a moment.

"I think you should go, shorty!" Magna said, causing Yoshiko to blink.

"What?" She asked.

"Your brother's really smart and he's probably looking out for you like a manly older brother!" Magna said. "Besides, you're a dragon! The only way for a dragon to get stronger is by training with dragons!"

"What... about... ever...yone?"

"What about everyone else? I bet they'd be real happy to know you're going to go and get better and stronger!" Magna said. "And besides, we can handle ourselves while you're gone. I say go for it!"

"Okay... I will... think... about... it," Yoshiko nodded.

Leaving Magna to do whatever he was doing, Yoshiko found Vanessa on the couch drinking away at some alcohol. Upon seeing the younger girl, Vanessa sat up on the couch and put away the drink.

"What's up, sweetie? Need anything?" Vanessa asked.

"Well..." Rin said, beginning to explain in a similar way she had explained to Magna.

"Hm... want to leave the for the Dragon Tribe to get stronger and healthier...?" Vanessa muttered to herself. "I think you should totally go, sweetie! It's the perfect opportunity for you to go!"

"Um..."

"If you go there, you can definitely reconnect with your family! Not mention all the sweet wine you can drink..."

"Um, Vanessa, Yoshiko is underage,"

"R-Right..." Vanessa laughed but then gave Yoshiko a sweet smile. "But you know dear, this is a perfect opportunity for you. Yuna's the perfect person for counselings session and..."

With a teasing wink, Vanessa said,

"Boy troubles, am I right, darling?"

Yoshiko's cheeks flared up in response. Yes, she was dealing boy problems. Asta and Yuno, who both had crushes on her and... maybe she was in love with them too.

"N-No," Yoshiko answered, looking away from her.

"I may not be a dragon, sugar, it's as clear as day that you're lying," Vanessa teased.

"H-Hmph!" Yoshiko huffed.

Vanessa laughed and pinched Yoshiko's cheeks.

"How adorable! I know I'm going to miss this," Vanessa said. "But still, my mind hasn't changed, I want you to go get stronger and better,"

Yoshiko nodded through her aching cheeks.

The dragon-human left Vanessa to go find the next person. This next person happened to be the last person she expected to meet.