CHAPTER FIVE

YOSHIKO STARED blankly as Fuegoleon began to explain the next and final test. This whole time, she had been trying to steer Asta away from Sekke since she didn't want him being near a fake person. And because of that, she didn't get to show off as much as she wanted to. Not that she did. She hated people who showed off.

And now Yoshiko sat on the floor - legs out - eating a fried tatoe which she had gotten from thin air. Her face was blank and she didn't care about the strange stares she was getting.

Asta was the first to go up against Sekke who Yoshiko glared at. Yami noticed her glares and smirked.

The kid's got a bipolar personality. I like her.

Sekke placed a hand on Asta's shoulder and leaned in whispering something. No one but Yoshiko heard what he was saying.

"You don't have to try any longer. You're just a filthy rat who doesn't belong here. I'll have a blast being a new member of the magic knights for you. I'll even do that without even putting a fourth of my magic. Go back to the boonies and live a sad and pathetic life,"

Yoshiko was ready to storm up and give Sekke a piece of her mind but she didn't want Asta to get disqualified so she gave Asta a determined look. Asta looked over at her and gave her a grin.

[Bronze Creation Magic: Sekke Magnum Cannon-Ball]

"That's quite some magic for an examinee," Finral noted.

"Yeah, but doesn't it look like that spiky bug from Mimo Amazon?" Yami asked.

"The match is done. The hick's magics got nothing on him,"

"Man, I wish I got to fight him,"

"Check out his grimoire! It's all tattered up!"

"Go back to the boonies,"

"Ready when you are!" Sekke calls out.

"Right," Asta said.

And as someone had said before, the match was over in a flash. Except it wasn't Sekke who won. Asta did. He pulled out his sword and with his speed, he slammed his blade into his chest and made him go unconscious.

Asta's physical skills are the best! There was no way he could have lost!

"What... The... Heck?!"

"I'm not here to join the magic knights to have fun! I'm going to be the Wizard King!" Asta announced his blade over his shoulders.

"So that's why!" Yami said with a crazy grin.

You're wrong, Asta, I'm the one who will be the Wizard King! And I'll marry Yoshiko too!

"Wait... Did he just say becoming the Wizard King?!"

"Yeah! You got a problem with that?!" Asta asked.

"He's not right in the head,"

"Yeah,"

-&-

A few more pairs had gone up. It was noticed that people who lived closer to the capital had more power than people who lived near the outskirts. But Yoshiko and Yuno weren't included since they had a lot of mana. Asta well... He just proved it by beating up Sekke.

Yuno was standing with Yoshiko sitting on the floor next to him having tatoes. Yoshiko tugged his pants. He looked down and offered him one.

"No thanks," He said. "I'm not hungry,"