CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

THE EYE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN.

A terrorist organisation composed of about 50 mages advocates opposition to the Clover Kingdom.

A mage named Licht, who has a four-leaf clover grimoire, acts as its leader. He formed that group six years ago. Its greatest military force consists of its leader, Licht, and his executives, known as the Third Eye.

The group has several hideouts in the Forsaken Realm and travels between them. All of its members conduct acts of terrorism out of intense hatred for the Clover Kingdom.

Their ultimate goal is the establishment of an independent country.

Or so that's what it appears from the outside.

According to the dark dragon; Asgorath, the Third Eye and leader are in fact elves who hold a grudge after their tribe was slaughtered by humans.

Along with the elves, a few dragons were also killed. Amongst them was the leader's younger sister.

But the question remains...

Why so obsessed with Yoshiko?

-&-

"What is the name... of the captain who cooperated with the Eye of the Midnight Sun and betrayed us?" Julius asked.

The elder man's back was turned to the prisoners. His face was a mix of grim and serious. It was truly frightening to see a man who could be so excited over the littlest things become so serious.

"It's..." the prisoners started, "the captain of the Purple Orcas, Gueldre Poizot,"

"Wha..." The accused man started. "Ridiculous! What are you saying?!"

'He immediately denied any sort of involvement by shouting,' Ryuko noted. 'It's a common way criminals try to frame their innocence'

"As if I would ever betray the Clover Kingdom!" Gueldre shouted.

However, the captains were not so convinced.

Charlotte spoke up first.

"I'd rather not say this, but I've heard a few dark rumours about you," she admitted causing Gueldre to be surprised. "I assumed they were false but..."

"I knew you were probably up to something sketchy..." Jack said. "But that's just..."

"Don't be an idiot! This is impossible!" Gueldre shouted. He pointed at the prisoners. "They're trying to frame me as a traitor!"

"They're only telling me what they know, plain and simple," Marx explained. "Information obtained with my memory exchange magic is absolute!"

"Alright, calm down boneless ham," Yami told him. "Why not just let mushroom head look through your memories?"

"Then you'd be cleared and you can go back to your sketchy life!" Ryuko said crossing his arms.

"Uh, well..."

"What? You embarrassed?" Yami asked.

"Like a teenage boy..." Mizuki whispered as Ryuko snorted at her words.

Then, Gueldre flipped open his grimoire and soon became invisible.

"Coward. Running away like that,"

"This is some sort of trap! I-I'll clear my name!" He exclaimed. "This is a strategic retreat!"

"He's gone?!" Asta shouted.