CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE

RYUKO FOLLOWED THE young girl down the hall. He was confused and nervous. His usually cheerful and happy younger sister was quiet and emotionless. It was as if she had no emotions at all.

'Imouto...what's going on with her?' He thought.

"It might have something to do with the reincarnation spell, similar to you," Ione said.

'But what was that? I just felt like someone in my body woke up...'

"It's possible that you are..."

Ione was mumbling to herself now. Ryuko decided to ignore her and focus on his younger sister who was trailing ahead. Asgorath was back in Yoshiko, leaving the two siblings alone. But with the strange silence the little girl has, it almost feels like it's just Ryuko there.

"Imouto, are you okay?" Ryuko asked, walking more quickly so he can catch up to her. "You don't seem...like yourself,"

"I'm fine," the young girl replied quickly and monotonously.

"No you're not, you've been acting all strange ever since I saw you," Ryuko sighed. "Care to explain,"

The question was met with a silence from the girl. Ryuko grew even more concerned than before. But he decided to leave it at that, Yoshiko probably just wanted to think right now, right?

-&-

ASTA STARED AT Yuno in shock. His best friend/rival just saved him but was that really Yuno? Since everyone around him turned against them, he wasn't sure if Yuno was one of them.

"Yuno...?!" Mimosa asked.

"YUNO!! Y-HEY! You... are you really Yuno?!" Asta asked.

The said boy didn't reply until he turned around.

"Shut up, Asta," Yuno said and Asta immediately knew that was Yuno.

"HUH?! But your ears are pointy!" Asta pointed out.

"So they are pointy, huh," Yuno said, completely unfazed by the transformation.

"Wait... HUUUH?! You think that's normal?!" Asta demanded.

"Oh, it's true!" Said Yuno's spirit, Bell. She pointed at her own pointy ears. "Yuno! Look, look! We match!"

"...Bell, shut up for a second," Yuno told her.

"Now is not the time for that, Ms. Spirit!" Asta shouted at her.

"Oh come on!" The spirit huffed.

"So what?! The shorty went and grew up a little! Look at me!" Bell whined.

"Who's the shorty?!" Asta demanded.

"You're both annoying," Yuno told them. 'Where is Yoshiko when you need her?'

'What is all this?' Mimosa thought. 'If Yoshiko were here, she would get me down but...'

As if on cue, the short girl entered the room with her brother. Asta's and Yuno's eyes widened upon seeing her but both knew instantly that something was off with her.

"Yoshiko! You're okay!" Asta said, running to her. He put his hand on her shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," the girl replied with a monotonous tone.

Asta blinked and tilted his head.

"You don't sound fine! I mean, you're usually cheerful but you're acting the opposite!"

"..." the little girl didn't reply.

"Hey! Are you listening to me! Yoshiko!" Asta said, shaking her shoulders.