CHAPTER NINE

YOSHIKO GLARED down at Heath. Her breathing was ragged and her body felt like it was on fire. She couldn't think straight and her vision was red.

"Why would you do something so wrong?!" Asta demanded from Heath.

Heath paid no mind to Asta simply discarding him as he stared at his pocket watch.

"I got no word of Magic Knights would be coming here. They must be on an unscheduled expedition," A mage said.

"All I want to know is how they broke through the barrier and get in the village," Another mage said.

"The Black Bulls... Crude heretics who don't fit in with the rest of the Magic Knights," Heath noted. "Five minutes. Those worthless villagers didn't know anything. We'll finish them off quickly,"

"Don't ignore me!" Asta shouted as he charged at the leader with his blade out.

[Mist Magic: Whirlpool of Illusionary Mist]

A large amount of mist surrounded Asta by one of the four supporting enemy mages. He smelled too proud. Like he had accomplished something.

"You fool. Don't think you'll approach master Heath so easily," He told Asta mockingly. "Wander in the mist-"

The mage cut of his words in shock when the mist disappeared in seconds.

"Nobody's wandering!" Asta shouted as the mist dissolved arround him.

The mage was shocked but what came to an even more surprising was when he was knocked back several feet, blood spewing out of his mouth. He could have sworn he heard his ribs cracking.

Yoshiko had kicked him in the ribs hard enough to break them. Heath noticed this and looked at her in shock.

That girl... Her mana... She's not fully human...

Usually, Asta would have told her 'good job!' with a pat on the head but he couldn't bring himself to. Yoshiko's presence was intimidating. It was a lot like Yami's; cold and full of bloodlust. But unlike his, it was more directed towards the enemies.

Mentally shaking his head, Asta turned towards Heath. "I asked you why you tried to massacre the villagers!"

"This village is in the Forsaken Realm, where the commoners dwell. Most inhabitants of the Forsaken Realm are an inferior breed. The only magic they can use is petty, everyday magic. They're like animals who are unable to use tools. These dumb beasts could rob me of my time. I was simply trying to clear them beforehand," Heath explained.

"Humans with more mana are truly disgusting. They're even worse than animals. At least animals can treat the inferior with more respect,"

"You have enough magic to join the Magic Knights, don't you? You're simply trying to save them because it's your mission. Don't they look like pathetic animals even to you?" He asked "Well, not that girl. She isn't even human. A hybrid freak,"

Heath spat those words at Yoshiko. His face was filled with disgust. Disgust for a girl he had never met.

"Not... human?" Noelle asked, flabbergasted.

"Doesn't it seem odd? Her mana, presence and her freakish looks. She's not human," Heath said. "From what I can tell, she can't even talk. Even more of a freak than it would seem,"

"Even if she's not human... She's still a Black Bull!" Magna shouted.

"I see. So you value this freaks life?" Heath asked.

"Haaah... The folks in the Noble Realm sure have it easy on them,"

"I bet they get to live a large life every day..."