CHAPTERR TWENTY-SIX

YOSHIKO FLEW in a light area. Her hands were grabbed by another person.

"Yoshiko, I'm glad you're safe,"

Yoshiko knew it was her brother. But she couldn't see him.

"I know, you can't talk. I... I wanted to hear you call me 'Aniki' again. Those were your first words, 'Ani'. I was so happy,"

Tears weld up in Yoshiko's eyes. She was so happy that her brother was alive. No, she was happy that someone from her family was alive.

"Don't get mad at our family. It's not their fault,"

What does Aniki mean?

"You see because the dragon tribe is hated so much in the Clover Kingdom, we couldn't go looking for you. But when I was old enough, I set out to look for you. But I couldn't. For five whole years, I couldn't. But here you are now. And you've become such a fine young girl,"

Darkness covered her eyes. Something had covered her face. She was about to take it off but she was stopped when she felt arms around her.

"I... I wanted to hug you for such a long time,"

Yoshiko felt her head pressed against his chest. She could hear his heartbeat. Her brother was sincere.

"I have to go. I promise you, we are going to meet in person soon enough,"

No... Please wait...

"Yoshiko, don't be upset. I'm coming. Sooner than expected,"

The thing covering Yoshiko's face came off and Yoshiko was met with grass. She looked down to see a white jacket-like piece of clothing.

Where are we?

"Near the kingdom. Let's just go,"

-&-

Asta had finally been rescued by the Wizard Kings and brought back to the kingdom. They were filled in on the situation.

"So Fueggy's been..." Hiruko muttered. "Whoever it was must have been strong..."

"Someone as strong as Fuegoleon and they don't know when he'll wake up... I'm afraid we miscalculated," Julius said.

"Damn..." Hiruko said as he lit up a cigarette.

"No, it was due to our inexperience," Charlotte said. "Wizard Kings, it was confirmed that the pendant Fuegoleon wore seems to be gone. Was that, what they were after? Who are they? And what connection does the child have with them?"

"Huh? Yoshiko's not back?" Asta asked.

"That tablet... It was missing some stones..." Hiruko said out loud.

"From what they say, they're a terrorist group with a grudge against the kingdom but things look a little more complicated than that," Julius said.

'That light guy... Could he be...?'

Hiruko let out an irritated sigh.

"That subhuman could be affiliated with them for all we know," Nebra said.

"You mean Yoshiko?" Julius asked.

Julius could see Hiruko becoming upset.

"She's not a part of the group. From something I gathered up, she's wanted by the leader for some sort of reason," He said.

"Who is Yoshiko anyway?" Asta asked. "You know her don't you?"

Asta's question was directed at Hiruko. Hiruko sighed.