EXTRA THREE

"LET'S HAVE A talk," Ryuko said to Nozel with his eyes glowing.

"What talk?" Nozel asked. He had some idea of what he wanted to talk about. It had something to do with Noelle. The two were very close and as much as he despised admitting it, they were more like siblings than he was.

Nozel shouldn't have asked what they were going to talk about.

The taller male's leaned his head back a little with his hand opened and by his lips. His eyes narrowed mockingly and glowed.

"Ara? You don't know? I thought you were smarter than that," Ryuko teased.

Ryuko and his split personality were like a deadly poison. You never knew what sort of side effect you would get. In this case, you never knew what personality he had.

Sometimes, he was genuinely kind and caring. He would get flustered easily and just be a cinnamon role around you, just like his mother.

And the other times, he was cold and cruel. He enjoyed teasing you until you would start crying. Even then, he wouldn't stop. He'd take all your weaknesses and use them against you. It was especially easy because he was good at reading people.

"It's about Noelle, isn't it?" Nozel asked, trying to keep his composure. How did he fall in love with a man like Ryuko?

Ryuko clapped his hands once and gave him a closed-eyed smile.

"Yay! You got it!" He cheered.

Nozel hated to admit it but, he was afraid. Ryuko had left believing that Noelle was in good hands because Nozel did care for her. But instead of being the older brother he should have been, he ignored her and tormented her.

"Oya... you're in deep thought, aren't you?" Ryuko asked leaning into Nozel's face. "Are you trying to come up with an excuse? Even if you are, it doesn't matter because I'll find out whether you're lying or not,"

"Don't be ridiculous," Nozel said turning away. A small blush was evident on his cheeks.

Ryuko placed his hands on his shoulders, his mouth next to Nozel's ear.

"So... were you a good brother? Or were you just as bad as Solid and Nebra?" He asked.

The area around them was quiet. The other captains and Black Bulls had left. The Golden Dawn who had came, the Spade prince, Noelle's cousin and the steel-magic senior had decided to leave once they were reassured everything was under control. They were alone meaning Ryuko could do whatever he wanted.

Nozel couldn't stop him. Ryuko was much stronger than he was. In a battle of magic only, Ryuko would win. In a battle of physical strength, Ryuko would dominate him. There was no way he was going to get out of this unscathed. Unless he managed to convince Ryuko's other personality to take over.

But he wasn't Yami or Hiruko. Only they could keep Ryuko's personalities in check. Actually, Fuegoleon and Ryuko's cousins also had some idea how to maintain it.

Nozel suddenly felt a sharp pain in his ear, followed by a liquid flowing down from there. Ryuko had bit him.

"Your silence tells me you weren't very nice to her," Ryuko said, licking the blood on his lips. "I trusted you, you know? I thought you would be a good brother. I mean, you did love her. So why?"

Nozel remained silent. Regret built up in his body. Every time his siblings would hurt her, he would turn away. Every time the two of them spoke, he'd brought up the lie in which she killed their mother.

Ryuko's hand wrapped around his face. He forcefully made Nozel face him. Ryuko no longer wore a teasing smile. His face was unamused.

"Should I stab you in the eye with a needle for everytime you looked away from Noelle's torment? Punch you everytime you lied to her? Stab you for everytime you refused to train her?" Ryuko asked.

Ryuko may do it. He would actually hurt him. He was a dragon after all. Dragon's were known to be very possessive people who would hurt anyone who hurt their precious ones. Rumours had it that current leader's children bashed a noble's skull after he assaulted their cousin, Ayuna.

Nozel was precious to Ryuko. But Noelle was more closer. If he and Noelle were in a similar situation and Ryuko could only save one, he would definitely save Noelle.

"Ah... Did I..." Ryuko's eyes suddenly went wide. He let go of Nozel and stepped back. Fear was evident on his face.

"Shit... Nozel are you...?" He asked looking worried.

His good side had come back. Thank god.

He noticed the blood on his ear.

"Can I heal your ear? I mean, I would do it but I don't think you're comfortable with me right now so..."

Usually, Nozel would have probably execute the person for hurting him but he had a soft side for Ryuko. He sighed.

"You can heal it,"

Ryuko's eyes brighten. He carefully walked over and began healing it.

"I'm sorry. I know it isn't an excuse but my split personality took over again," Ryuko muttered healing the bitten ear.

"It's not your fault," Nozel said.

Ryuko smiled.

"Anyway, I should get going now. I don't know when my personality would take over again. See you..." Ryuko said.

But Nozel grabbed his wrist.

"You owe me an explanation. Where were you for two years?" Nozel demanded.

"Kay... I'll tell you,"

-&-

And so, Nozel took Ryuko back to the Silver Eagle's hideout undetected. It was already quite late and everyone was asleep so Ryuko's return was a complete secret.

"Man, why do you keep such a weird braid? If you wanted to have a braid so badly, you should have done something else. Not... this," Ryuko said brushing his hair.

"No one asked for your opinion," Nozel said.

"Yeah, I don't really care. Besides, I'm not humiliating you," Ryuko argued back.

Ryuko tended to his hair. A comfortable silence emerged from the two.

"So where were you?" Nozel asked.

"I was looking for answers," Ryuko replied.

"What answers?"

"What happened to my sister? How did my mother die? Who was my mother? Why was she targeted? Where did our magic come from?"

"Did you find all the answers?"

"Most of them. My sister is Yoshiko, you already had some idea. My mother was a foreigner who lived in the Spade kingdom before she became a Magic Knight here... and our magic..."

Nozel stared at Ryuko from the mirror. He stopped brushing and stared down.

"If you don't want to share that's fine," he said.

"No, I do owe you an explanation. Our magic isn't human magic," Ryuko said.

"It's angel magic,"