CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

YOSHIKO WATCHED THE AFTERMATH OF HER TEAMMATES BATTLES.

The ratio went from 9 : 9 to 9 : 5 within a second - the Black Bulls winning.

The priest was speechless as his mouth hanged open in surprise. It was clearly evident that he did not have any hope for the Black Bulls to win.

"Waaah ha ha ha! Hey, old guy, I forgot! Let's bet on which team is gonna win this!! I bet 10,000 yuls!" Yami shouted while laughing.

"Gnrrrrrrgh... they were careless," was all the priest had to say.

Yoshiko silently drank her peach juice.

"Great, g'wan, you idiots! Beat them like rugs!" Yami shouted at them.

"The battle's just getting started!" The priest growled. His eyes narrowed. "The remaining mages won't be so easy. Especially the three great mages. They're senior-mage class!"

Yoshiko just stared blankly at the man then at Finral who was hiding from a mage. She frowned when she realised that he was just trying to run away.

Sure, the girl knew Finral's magic wasn't much of a fighter's type but he should still try. Maybe transport him into the water and try drowning him...

Mr. Asgorath, stop telling me really scary ways to win.

"Can't I have my fun as well?"

Not like this. Another way.

"...Brat,"

You know, you're the only one other than captain Yami who calls me brat.

"Yes, I know. It suits you,"

No it doesn't! I don't misbehave at all!

"Oh! I forgot to mention this but you can't leave my playground until the game is over!" The priest said.

Yoshiko looked over at him.

Now you're telling us?

"Hey, Finral! What're you hiding for?!" Yami demanded. "Fight, or your dead meat!"

That's when the priest had an interesting idea.

"You know, it's boring if he doesn't fight," the priest said. Then he snapped his fingers. "There you go! Nuisance spell activated!"

That's when a large fish swam towards Finral with his jaw opened. The Black Bull shrieked and ran as fast as he can away from the fish. The fish managed to get Finral in its mouth but he used his magic to get away.

"Haw haw haw! Now that's funny!" The priest laughed.

Yoshiko proceeded to give him a questioning look.

"Hey, old geezer..." Yami said in a threatening voice. Then he held up a picture of a scary looking fish with sparkles around it. "That was pretty awesome, put this guy out there too,"

Yoshiko looked proud of her sparkle work while Rin sighed.

"You sure you're on their side?" The priest sweat dropped.

Meanwhile, Charmy was eating seafood. Once she was done, she did some odd dance making Yoshiko and Rin sweat drop.

"That one... what's she doing?" The priest asked Yami.

"..." not even Yami had a reply.

That's when a temple mage came out from a tunnel, behind Charmy. Yoshiko immediately frowned knowing it was Kahano. She turned away from the scene. Yami noticed her action but didn't do anything about it.