CHAPTER TWELVE

GETTING BACK HOME, Yoshiko immediately started munching on her tatoes much to Asgorath's annoyance.

"You're such a brat you know that?"

But I missed them!

"Brat,"

By the time she was called down by Yami, Yoshiko finished eating a few.

"You guys really had a rough time out there," Yami laughed. "Whatever, good job you idiots,"

Asta had a few bandages covering his body while Yoshiko's clothes were ripped with bandages on her arms, legs and forehead. She was pretty sure that the ice and dark magic was the cause for this.

This was my favourite! Ms. Vanessa can mend it back, right?

"Yeah, probably not,"

"The magic investigation department is examining what is left of the criminals but they haven't gotten any important information out of it," Vanessa said. "That pocket watch he left behind was valuable. Considering how they acted, they might be extremists or dissidents from the Noble Realm,"

"She's quite intelligent,"

"Well, that doesn't matter. In recognition of your actions, the Wizard King gave us a star!" Yami said holding it up.

"A star?! What's that for?" Asta asked.

"The nine Magic Knights compete for how many stars they can get. It's an honour thing. The Golden Dawn's at the top right now. They've got seventy stars!" Vanessa explained.

"Great! That makes for minus thirty stars!" Yami said proudly.

"He's way too proud,"

It makes me happy seeing Captain so happy.

"And here are this month's wages," Yami said handing them money.

Yoshiko looked at it with twinkling eyes.

That's a lot of money!

"It's barely anything," Noelle said.

"Are you nuts?! You can buy 2000 tatoes with these!" Asta yelled.

"You mean the weird food Yoshiko eats all the time?" Noelle asked.

It's not weird!

Yoshiko then pinched Noelle's cheek.

"Hey what are you doing?! I'm royalty!" Noelle shouted.

Say sorry!

And then Noelle pulled both of Yoshiko's cheeks making Yoshiko flail her arms in the air.

"I'm royalty. Don't you dare pull my cheeks," Noelle said menacingly.

Yoshiko nodded and she let go of her cheeks.

"Hmph!" Yoshiko pouted rubbing both of them.

"Congrats on your first payday!" Vanessa said. "You guys will want to go shopping right? I'm free so I'll take you to the castle town,"

"Castle Town?" Asta asked.

Can I buy tatoes?

"Don't you dare,"

-&-

The castle town was huge. Yoshiko stared at it with awe. Her nose caught many new scents.

"Woah!" Asta said.

"This town is popular for its variety of items. Both nobles and commoners are attracted to this place. It's also very popular for scammers. Watch out,"