CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN

YOSHIKO LOOKED around, wondering where she was and why she hadn't woken up. Licht wasn't anywhere to be seen and she couldn't smell him.

Did he wake up already? Then why haven't I?

"Hatchling," a voice said behind her.

Yoshiko turned and her face brightened upon seeing the familiar people. Asgorath and Rin stood nearby, both looking at her. They were happy to see her, it's been days since they last spoke. Even if that doesn't seem a lot, when you speak with someone everyday and suddenly don't, it gets lonely.

"Mr. Asgo...rath...Rin!" Yoshiko shouted, running to the dragon so she can hug him.

Hugging the snout, Yoshiko lied her head by it. She smiled and could smell that the dragon was also happy to see her.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I've been so worried about you!" Rin said, giving her a hug on the cheek. Yoshiko put her finger by Rin's back, hugging her in a sense.

"I'm....waking....up," Yoshiko said.

"Yes, we are," Asgorath said.

"I have...to save...my friends," Yoshiko said.

"Your friends?" Asgorath asked. "I doubt Asta or any of them need your help..."

"Not just...them. I want... to help... Licht,"

"Didn't Licht kidnap you? Why would you help him?"

"Not... Patri," she said, causing Rin's eyes to widen. "The real... Licht,"

Oddly enough, Asgorath smiled. "I see...so you've met the real Licht?"

"Yes,"

"And you want to help him and your other friends?"

"Yes,"

"Okay,"

Yoshiko noticed a blue light forming around Asgorath. She took a few steps back with Rin. The light got brighter and bigger, causing Yoshiko and Rin to cover their eyes. Once the light faded, Yoshiko was met by a man. The same man that was with Rin when she and him stood over a dead body, Kazuya's dead body.

"Mr. Asgo...rath... you are...?" Yoshiko started.

"Yes. I am the man you saw at the Sea Temple. This is what I look like when I take human form," he explained. "Because of a seal, I wasn't able to regain human form and venture outside of my host, however, due to the reincarnation, I am able to do so now,"

"Oh! I get... it, now," Yoshiko said.

"Yes. We have to go now, everyone is counting on us to be saved," Asgorath said.

"Right!"

-&-

BACK IN HAGE, the three humans aiding Patri were confused, shocked and afraid. They all demanded Patri to explain what was happening and what he meant.

"The cornerstone of resurrection? I don't even get what the hell he's saying... I guess we're supposed to wake up to a mighty magical power now?" Rades asked, confused. "You bastard, how could you—"

He pointed at Patri, "Are you trying to deceive," his boy began crumbling and burning, "us?!"

Suddenly, the three humans began burning and crumbling. They all screamed in pain as Patri watched with amusement.

"You know, when your true names were granted and were gathered here as comrades, you were marked as sacrifices for this forbidden magic," Patri explained.