CHAPTER FORTY

IN NEAN VILLAGE, Noelle ate Rebecca's dishes. They were absolutely delicious.

"What is this? It's absolutely fantastic!" Noelle shouted with her cheeks flushed.

"Is it? I'm glad you like it!" Rebecca said.

"It reminds me of Ryu-nii's cooking even!"

"Hm? Ryuko. Who's that?"

"I-I mean captain Ryuko. He was the former captain of the Azure Deer and... well he was more like an older brother than my own siblings. He taught me everything..." Noelle said looking down at her food.

"Really? He sounds like a great man. Do you love him?" Rebecca asked.

"W-W-What?! No way! He's thirteen years older than me! Even if I did, it'll be like an older brother! Besides, rumour has it that he's into men!" Noelle shouted remembering what Mizuki told her.

"Ah! I see!"

"And... I think... It's a possibility but... He may be Yoshiko's older brother,"

Rebecca paused and turned to her with wide eyes.

"Yoshiko's brother? I thought she was an orphan!"

"She is... well... I'm not supposed to tell anyone this but I'll tell you cause you're Yoshiko's friend. But keep this a secret, okay?"

Rebecca nodded.

"Fifteen years ago, on February 10th, Ryuko's mother, Lady Miyuki disappeared. A whole month later, her body was found... Anyway! Not many people know this but she had two kids. One was Ryuko. Everyone knows who he is. But the second one... it was a girl. No one knew about her birth except for a few people. When Lady Miyuki disappeared, her daughter disappeared too. Those who knew of her birth thought she was dead... That's why Ryuko left two years ago. To find answers. But now... I believe that Yoshiko is the missing daughter. And if I'm right then... Ryuko should be coming back sooner or later,"

"I see. Sounds like it's out of a fairy tale. The lost princess who finds her way home..."

It was silent for a moment. The two thought about Yoshiko.

"Honestly! Those two aren't back yet?!" Noelle asked.

"I wonder if something happened. Don't tell me..." Rebecca said thinking of the worse.

"It's fine. They'll come back. Count on it. They'll save the children too, of course," Noelle said blowing on her soup. "And if Yoshiko is Lady Miyuki's daughter, then they'll definitely come back because..."

𝕷𝖆𝖉𝖞 𝕸𝖎𝖞𝖚𝖐𝖎 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖉𝖔𝖒.

"Worrying is just a waste of energy!" Noelle said.

"Yeah..." Rebecca said agreeing.

"Never mind that! Just give me more of this!"

"Sure!"

-&-

"Heh heh heh... How do you like that?" Asta asked.

"Hmph!" Yoshiko shouted with her fist raised in the air.

A hand clamped down on their head.

"Kids... way to surpass your limits!" Yami said complementing them.

Captain Yami complimented us!

"Big deal,"

It is!