CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

YOSHIKO LEFT WITH Asta after the two were invited by Rebecca to her village in Nean. Finral was kind enough to make them a portal to the village. Yoshiko could tell her was a little jealous but he didn't say anything.

Rebecca was waiting for them near an alleyway. She was holding a little baby which Yoshiko immediately scooped up and hugged closely.

"Hey, Rebecca!" Asta said. "Sorry about Yoshiko. She loves kids a lot,"

"Hey, Asta, Yoshiko," Rebecca greeted. "It's fine. Pem seems to love her as well,"

The two looked over at Yoshiko who was hugging Pem tightly. Pem was giggling and laughing so much that Yoshiko was afraid that he might end up choking on her spit. Yoshiko turned to Rebecca for help as she afraid of the baby dying.

Rebecca giggled. "It's okay, Yoshiko. Nothing will happen to Pem,"

Yoshiko believed her for the most part. But she was still concerned for the cute, drooling baby.

"Come, I'll introduce you to my siblings!" Rebecca said.

More kids! Yoshiko thought.

They followed Rebecca further into the village. A few people noticed the two Magic Knights and whispered about them.

"Those two kids...they're members of the Black Bulls, right?" Someone asked.

"Yeah. Rumour has it that the girl is actually from two races!"

"Whoa! Seriously? That's kinda cool,"

People keep talking...

"That's because they have nothing better to do,"

Yoshiko did her best to ignore them. She instead focused on Pem who giggled in her bold.

They reached a small, abandoned area in the village. No one was there expect for a few children. Most of them had red hair. Yoshiko's eyes widened slightly.

Are these her siblings?

"Most likely,"

"Big sis!" A boy shouted to Rebecca.

So I was right...

"Asta, Yoshiko, meet my siblings," Rebecca said, introducing all of them.

"Nice to meet you," Asta said to them.

Yoshiko waved to them. All of them waved back with large, adorable smiles.

"Big sis, why isn't she talking?" One of the young boy, Marco, asked, pointing at Yoshiko.

"Oh. Yoshiko can't really talk. She lost her voice when she was nine," Asta explained. "But Yoshiko's a really nice girl and she loves kids,"

"She can't talk?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah. A lot of people don't notice it but she's actually mute," Asta said. "She and our church knows sign language so that's how we communicate with her and she writes in her notebook to talk with others,"

"I see," Rebecca said. "It's good to know. Thanks for telling us,"

"Of course!" Asta said. "You guys wanna play tag?"

"Yeah!" Shouted the kids.

Asta was it and the kids ran away from him. Asta toned down his speed in order to make the game fair for everyone. There was laughter and screaming. Yoshiko and Rebecca smiled at their happiness.

"Yoshiko, can you teach me sign language?" Rebecca asked.

Yoshiko tilted her head, confused as to why Rebecca wanted to learn sign language. A few others were also learning from her and Asta. Most of the Black Bulls minus Gauche and Mimosa and Klaus were learning from Yuno. She didn't really get why. It was fine for her to write on her notebook. That's why Asta bought her one.