CHAPTER THRITY-ONE

YOSHIKO RETURNED TO reality and blinked several times. Asta was in front of her, looking at her with worry.

"Are you alright, Yoshiko?" He asked.

What am I supposed to tell him?

Yoshiko signed, I'm fine. I just saw something.

"Are you sure? You can tell me anything," Asta said.

I know, she signed with a smile, later. Right now, those kids are in danger.

Asta looked at the cave and nodded. He grabbed Yoshiko's hand and shouted, "Let's go!"

-&-

Rushing in, Yoshiko immediately noticed the kids on the floor. Blood came out of their noses, their eyes dazed as they lay limp on the cold, hard floor.

Yoshiko's eyes widen with horror. Her breathing became untamed. Her heart was beating way too fast for the average human. Her temperature was so high that even the touch could burn someone slightly.

"These children... their magic has been extracted!" Theresa said picking up a child. She gently wiped the blood off his face. "They may never... be able to use magic again!"

Asta thought for a moment. They were going to become like him. Magicless. But unlike him, they were forced to become magicless. They weren't born magicless.

"How could you do something so horrible?" Asta asked bitterly.

"Damn, reinforcement?" The guy asked ignoring Asta's question. Then he noticed his mana levels through his magic glasses. "Huh? This guy's..."

He laughed like it was the most hilarious thing in the world.

And Yoshiko was getting more upset by the moment. Blue lines spread out of her eyes, her horns grew. Her eyes changed to golden. But this time, the top part of her eyes became blue.

"Gweh hee ha ha ha ha! What's with you?! You've got no magic! Zip! Zilch! Nada!" He shouted pointing a finger at him. "A two-bit punk who's not even a Magic Knight! I'll take you out my-!"

In seconds, Asta was in front of him with his blade out.

"Huh?" The guy asked as he was slashed in the chest. He flew into the wall behind him.

Theresa was amazed by his strength. She turned to Yoshiko who was glaring at the floor. Theresa could feel the bloodlust that was threatening to spill out of her.

"What's Neigh doing? The guy's completely useless. Bastard,"

Yoshiko's eyes darted towards him causing him to flinch. Her bloodlust spilled and everyone froze. Everyone but Asta. He gripped the man's collar.

"Why did you do something so nasty?!" He asked. "Do you know how much it hurts to lose your magic? Do you?"

"What do I care, moron? It doesn't matter to me whether these guys die or lose magic!" He said proudly.

Asta raised a fist at him.

"Stop!" Theresa shouted at him. Fortunately for her, he slammed it into the wall.

"This pain enough isn't enough to make up for what you did! You're gonna pay properly, starting now!" Asta shouted.

The guy looked at the hole Asta made. Without anyone realising it, he clicked a button.

"That's right! A man like that isn't worth striking your fist!" Theresa said.

But for Yoshiko, she didn't care.