Hello, Elizabeth

"It's. . .kind of clicking but not really."

She lets out a wry laugh, "We'll keep working on it Eliza, it's only the first day. Is there anything else you need help with?"

"Uh no. I need to go find a book for my English Lit class; you mind waiting."

"I've got nowhere to be." She shrugs her shoulders.

I leave her at the table and walk down the steps to the bottom floor. Down below, it's pretty vacant. The only thing down here are rows of bookshelves, and I think a person is sitting on the window sill on my left, or maybe it's a ghost. I did hear some students talking in my math class about a ghost lurking around. Supposedly, someone died down here and her spirit is haunting people. Now being down here, I can believe it.

It's pretty eerie, the light doesn't come fully through the window, bits of shadows are cast all around me. One scream and someone will come running down here. Let's just grab the book and go.

After searching around aimlessly for 10 minutes, I find the historical romance section. I trail my fingers over the old books, classic titles such as, "Great Expectations", "Mansfield Park" and "Jane Eyre" pop out at me. Where the hell is "Pride and Prejudice"?

"Is that you, Elizabeth Pratt." I hear a deep voice say from behind me. His breath trickles on my neck, the smell of pine looms in the stiff air around me.

I swiftly turn around, "Andreas." I haven't seen him since the night he came to me as he was pounding another girl.

"That is my name." He answers. "Fancy seeing you in here. What takes you down to the creepiest part of the library?"

I heave out a breath, "I am a college student, me being at a library shouldn't be a surprise." I can't believe he's just talking to me like what happened the other night didn't occur. He came to me, as he was fucking another girl. There's got to be something illegal or disturbing about that. Maybe not illegal, but disturbing.

"A lot of things go bump in the night, wouldn't want you scared." He bumps my hips with his, slightly making me stumble.

I snicker, "Not like how you were bumping with that Ollie girl almost two nights ago." His arm with the bulging veins leans up against the bookshelf, his eyes become hooded as he laughs.

He chooses to ignore my sly comment, "What book are you looking for?"

"None of your business," I mumble.

His eyes search adamantly at the bookshelf, finger scanning the spines of the books. "What are you doing?" I ask.

He looks at me dumbfounded, "Obviously searching for the book, "None of Your Business"."

I roll my eyes, "You can't be serious."

"Oh, I am so where cou-"

"Andreas!" My voice comes out loud, I hear someone across the library shush me. I knew there was someone down here, I wonder if it's the ghost?

"Yes, Elizabeth." His eyes revert down to me.

"Ugh, are we not going to address the big cow in the room, well library." I wave my hands around like a psycho, I think that vein in my forehead is now prominent.

"Elephant."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"The saying is, 'the big elephant in the room', not cow." He shrugs.

"Oh my god, it doesn't matter. Elephant, cow, dog, erectile dysfunction. Who the hell cares!" Another shush comes from the side of the library again. "Oh, you shush yourself! You don't remember what happened on the night of the party."

"No, tell me Elizabeth." He leans forward, his eyes roaming over my face searching for the answers deep within. It makes me want to cower into myself, those alluring eyes of his. "I sometimes have amnesia." He jokes.

He's going to make me say it, just thinking it makes me sick inside. But I won't deny, I did feel sexually attracted about what happened, and that's what I hate. And what scares me, is that I may want. . .more.

"Last night, when I was in the hall." My fingers twiddle against the bookshelf. "I saw you- you know having sex with some Ollie chick. As you were banging her- I don't know the proper terminology."

He chuckles, "No that's fine, I would have preferred the word fucked, but I can deal. Continue." He edges.

I usher on the story, "You kept fucking her while looking at me, and then you came to me. It was- was-"

"Amazing." He fills in. "I don't understand what the big deal is, I thought you may have been flattered."

"Flattered?" I say, my mouth is agape. "Who in the world would be flattered by that? Maybe some other slut, but not me."

"Don't slut shame, it's not a good look on you." He bites his lip. "And just to clarify." His lips come too close to my ear, minty breath tickles my neck. "I didn't come to you, but your hard-ass tits in the thin tank top." My legs squeeze tight again as my face becomes pale. "You have an excellent body, Elizabeth; it shouldn't be hidden against all those baggy clothes." I feel his eyes burn through my blue top.

"Look this, I point between us, "Is not going to happen, you can look but can't touch." I let him know.

He flashes his bright teeth, his muscles ripple through his tight, red shirt. "So, you say you're not attracted to me. Lots of girls find me hot. You sit here and judge me for coming to you, but you're not asking the lingering question. Why didn't you move?" I could tell the look on my face, stunned. "I saw your tiny hand gripping the railing, legs squeezed so tight like they are now." I untighten my legs immediately. "You were turned on, don't be ashamed of your desires, Elizabeth." My lips tighten, "And here's your book." He takes an old, tan-colored book on the shelf, the title reads "Pride and Prejudice".

"How- how did you know?"

"You have Professor Hanworth, correct." I nod. "He always has his class read a Jane Austen book, and it's always "Pride and Prejudice", you're welcome." He slips the book in my hand, his finger gently stroking mine as they pull away. My body jolts from the small contact.

"Thank you," I whisper. I walk past him, heading towards the staircase.

"See you later, Elizabeth." He drawls out my name.

I swiftly turn around, "Can you please stop calling me Elizabeth."

"Isn't that your name?" Hands stuck in his pockets.

"It is, but you say it all seductive- like. It sounds like Rio from "Good Girls". Now, if you'll excuse me, my friend is waiting for me." My chin lifts high as I walk up the stairs to go see Jill, as I trail up, I can feel his haughty eyes glancing at my backside. A small smile graces my lips, maybe I do like it, but I won't show him. He's too cocky, don't want to boost his ego.