Meet the parents. . . and the seductive sister

Elizabeth's P.O.V-

I stretch out my legs in the backseat, getting ready for the hour drive from Berkeley to Stanford. Cross focuses on driving while Connie messes with his radio. She looks different than when I last saw her. At the time, I never got to see her face. All I knew was that she had a back tattoo, dark skin, and long, black hair. Seeing her face fully, she looks gorgeous. Long eyelashes, apple cheeks, and pretty brown eyes.

"All this music sucks! Don't you have a playlist or something," said Connie, shutting off the radio.

"I did have a playlist, you accidentally deleted it, remember?" He reminds her.

She gives him the dirtiest look, "You could have made a new one you know. Don't blame me, I'm not the most tech-savvy person."

He laughs, "I know."

I see Connie smile, as Cross drives she looks at him. Her eyes roam over his face, neck, and body. She looks at him like I look at Andreas, with adoration and longing. I wonder how long he's known Connie, how they met, and if he likes her or not. Maybe it's a one-sided thing, her liking him and him not liking her. They could have what Andreas and I have.

I go ahead and ask, "So, how did you two meet?"

Cross waves a hand, "That's not important."

"Who says?" Connie says with sass in her voice.

"I do. Don't you dare explain the story, it's too fucking embarrassing." He brings the car to a halt, stopping at a red light.

"Whatever." Connie looks at me in the mirror. "Eliza, right?" I nod my head. "I'll explain to you the story since Cross clearly won't. I believe this is when we were sophomores, we met at a frat party. At the time I was dating a basketball player, great guy in bed but was an ass outside of it. We were standing to the side, near the wall, talking about something, most likely him. Cross was across the room; I remember seeing him talking to a circle of girls, they all smiled and giggled at whatever he was saying. I guess they bore him and he left, finding me across the room and coming over."

"In the middle of talking to my boyfriend, he just butted in the conversation. Asked me for my name and what I was in college for. My boyfriend was horrified, enraged that some random guy would come and blankly flirt with his girl. Eventually, my boyfriend said something to him, telling him that I was his and should leave me alone. Cross was shocked, saying that he thought we were brother and sister. I laughed so hard I thought my ribs would break. Cross was so embarrassed that he walked off, a sulky feeling all over this body."

"After the party, I never saw him after that. A couple of weeks later I and my boyfriend broke up, turns out he was cheating on me, go figure. In the middle of the semester, I transferred out of the intro to sociology so I wouldn't be near him anymore, to my luck, Cross was in the class I transferred to. We started talking and became fast friends, then that friendship turned into friends with benefits."

"After that, she hasn't been able to stay away from me." He pats her thigh, keeping a hand on the steering wheel as he drives.

I smile.

✏️✏️✏️✏️

With over an hour of us sitting in traffic, stopping and going, we make it to the stadium, let me correct that, the packed stadium. College championships are a big deal to college students, even those that don't care for the sport still come to support, the school spirit is real.

Somehow, we were able to find a parking space, the only down luck is that it was miles away from the stadium. Connie complained the entire walk, turns out she wore boots with high heels on them, they were cute, I understood why she wore them.