Regina George or Jennifer Check?

Elizabeth's P.O.V-

"You guys did what!" Jill yells. 

"Shh, don't be so loud," I warn her. "Monica's right there, who knows what she can hear." By the window sits Monica at the small kitchen table. She's got her yellow headphones on, looking at her laptop while she chews on licorice. I told her not to eat anything since I'm cooking, but she proceeded to roll her eyes and take another bite. 

I won't be the problem when she gets nauseous from eating tacos and candy. I don't even want to imagine what the bathroom will look like. 

Jill shrugs me off by saying, "It doesn't even matter, it's not like she can hear us or anything, those headphones are soundproof, trust me, I know." She's referring to her promiscuous roommate, Tana. "Now, let's get back to the matter at hand, you and Andreas getting freaky in his car." 

I tear my gaze away from her, to the knife in hand that's chopping up the vegetables for the chicken tacos. I've already chopped up the tomatoes and cilantro, now I'm working on the onions. This is homemade chicken tacos with fresh vegetables straight from the farmer's market with chips and salsa. I reluctantly bought guacamole, it looks like snot to me, but to many Americans it's amazing. 

Jill wasn't originally supposed to be here but decided to invite herself. She hates being in her dorm room alone, eating Ramon noodles, and watching The Office for the hundredth time. Bridget won't be joining us tonight; she's spending the night with Kam over at his place. She's been dreading him coming back since she'll have to tell him about what happened between her and Teddy at the party. I told her if anything goes on, or he tries to put his hands on her, to call me and I'll whoop his ass.

I respond to Jill's prying thoughts, "Look, it wasn't that big of a deal, ok? He wanted to prove that he could give me an orgasm, which he did." I say quietly, keeping one eye out for Monica or whoever may come in and hear our ribald conversation. 

"It is a big deal, Eliza. He gave you an orgasm, outside of a Chinese restaurant in the dead of night. It's like a movie scene. You're so lucky, I've had no action since I have been here. The only person to check me out is Hank the security guard, and he's 50." Ewe!

"The Alpha's Halloween party is happening the day after tomorrow, there will be plenty of horny men there looking to stick it somewhere," I reassure her. 

When I left my 11 AM math class, I heard some students talking about the upcoming party the Alpha's are having. I usually would loathe a party, but since it was a Halloween party, I couldn't turn it down. Ever since I was a child, Halloween has been my favorite holiday. To dress up as anything you want, slutty or modest, and dance the night away, so much fun.

Once I told Jill, she began looking up costumes online as she walked me to my class. When I looked over at her screen, the search bar read 'slutty costumes for under 20 bucks', to which I laughed my ass off.

"I forgot about the party!" She bumps her head like she's dumb, or realizing something.

"Did you decide on a costume?" I threw the onions, tomatoes, and cilantro in the frying pan with vegetable oil. It sizzles loudly but then begins to quiet down. While that's happening, I start putting the extra ingredients in green bowls, such as cheese, Salsa, Rice, Pico de Gallo, and lettuce. 

"It's either between Regina George from Mean Girls or Jennifer from Jennifer's Body. I've got the same hair color as Jennifer, but I don't think my ass would look good in a flyaway cheer skirt. Regina George is a little realistic since I can throw on a black skirt and cut out the two circles for my boobs. Tanas got a slutty purple bra with stars on the nipple part that would seal the outfit."

I scrunch my brows, "Regina didn't have stars on her bra."

"I know, it will just make the outfit pop." She makes a popping noise with her mouth. "What about you?"

Me? Last night I was on Pinterest trying to find a cute Halloween costume. I wanted to be sexy, but comfortable. All the college girls are going to be the same thing. Sexy Disney princess, playboy Bunny or degrading the church by being a sexy Nun. "I was deciding on being someone from TV. A legend, maybe a housewife or reality TV star."

Then, Jill starts to laugh. "You should be no neck Ed or someone from Jersey Shore." I finish putting the cheese in the bowl, and now am working on the guacamole, scooping out the snot-like dip out the Walmart container. 

I snort, "Jill, I don't know if you know this, but I'm a woman. I've got to be a character that represents me. Although, no neck Ed would be funny as hell, how would I pull off the neck part?" To better describe my neck, I would say it's swan-like. I'm not a tall person, but my neck makes it seem like I am. Once all the foods are put out, I slide them over to Jill to put on the table. 

"I don't know, get cosmetic makeup or fake skin. Now, are you almost done with the food; I'm starving to death." She starts to rub her stomach, pouting her lips like a naughty child. 

I lean my head over the skillet, the vegetables are now golden brown. Turning off the burner, I put them on a plate and then the counter. Since the skillet is hot, I run water through it. 

"The foods is now done; everyone should be-"

My sentence is cut off once I hear yelling coming from the front of the house. It sounds like a boy and girl arguing, real loud at that. Jill looks at me, obviously confused as I am.

"Who is that? A neighbor." 

"I- I don't know, maybe." We start to set up the table, Jill setting up the cups and plates, while I do the silverware and napkins. I then realize I forgot to cut up the limes, I grab them from the fridge along with the knife and cutting board and began to work. 

I see Monica get up from the table once the front door shuts loudly. Jill and I jump from the sudden noise, her eyes are alert as my heart is racing. I've never been one to like loud noise, or when people are angry. It makes the atmosphere awkward and weird. We both stare at Monica when she walks to the living room, I hear her ask the person what's going on. The deep voice says one name: Jessie. I don't know who this Jessie person is, but whoever she is, she's made the air in this house stiff.

In walks the angry person, who I now know is Andreas. My eyes widen once his eyes lands on me, they're bloodshot red like he's been crying or deprived of sleep. His shoulders are tense as his jaw tightens. I've never seen him so angry and frustrated before, it must have been that Jessie chick. I hear Jill patter out of the kitchen, down the hall to the bathroom to avoid conflict. I wish I could go with her, but it's too late.

He opens the fridge, grabs a beer, and slams it, once again, I jump from the loud noise. His eyes soften to me when he sees me jump, fist starts to relax. I tear my eyes away from a furious Andreas, chopping up the limes in front of me. When he walks past me, his hand presses firmly on my lower back, his smell lingers around me, eliminating the spicy taco meat on the table. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers in my ear, then plants a sweet kiss on my collarbone. No one sees this happen since Jills is in the bathroom and Monica is long gone, abandoning her candy and electronics. "I'm just a little frustrated." As quick as the kiss was, he disappears from the kitchen.

To lighten the mood, I yell out, "You better be down here to eat my tacos!"

I hear his deep laugh, "Which ones!" I blush from his response. I go back to cutting the limes, with Andreas on my mind.