I'm late for my date and it's all Cross's fault

Elizabeth's P.O.V-

"Cross?" I say, calling out his name as I claw through my side of the closet for something to wear. I looked through Mary's dresses for something, but all she has is plain dresses that practically touch the ground. I need something tight, something that shows leg but not too much leg. "Cross," I say again.

"What?" He groans, and the clicking of his keyboard clacks in the air. 

"You're supposed to be helping me, not looking for your next bootie call," I complain, throwing random dresses I've collected over the years on top of Cross, he kicks them to the side, going right back to his phone.

"I am helping, you just haven't found anything for me to review yet. Plus, I'm not looking for my next bootie call, those just come to me."

I pop my hip, "Alright, I'll bite. What's more important than my date with Andreas for tonight?"

He sits up against my pillow, dirty socks laying on my furry, white blanket. I'm making him wash that before he leaves, guys are so nasty.

"I just changed my major to marine biology, it's final." He now sits his phone next to him, a smile on his face which makes me smile. I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his body.

"I'm so proud of you."

He kisses my head, "I'm proud of me too." I scoff, pushing his head away from me. "Are you sure about this date with Andreas?" He asked again for the millionth time.

When I told him this, he thought I got into his supply of marijuana and got super high. I didn't. He thinks it's a bad idea since Andreas hurt me, but I told him he made up for it.

Cross isn't buying it.

"Yes, I'm sure about the date. Trust me, I wouldn't have said yes if I thought Andreas didn't have his shit together." He sighs, telling me fine. He knows this is a fight he won't win.

"Now, let's find me something to wear, or I'll have to go naked." 

"I don't think Andreas would mind that, honestly. I've seen the way he looks at you, like a juicy turkey." 

I turn around to him, slowly. "A juicy turkey? I don't even know what to say next." 

"How about you show me a dress." Originally, Jill was supposed to help me with this but bailed last minute. Said wherever she had to be was urgent, someone better be dead. It's the only way I'll forgive her. Mary is with her family and Tanas hanging with Parker today.

I pull the first dress from the pile, it's a sweetheart neckline glitter bodycon dress that shows a bit of cleavage. He smooths his hand over his chin, taking in every aspect of it. It's been two minutes so far and he hasn't said anything.

"Cross?"

"Yeah?"

"You've got to hurry up, I don't have all the time in the world and my arm is hurting." I can feel my muscles groaning under me, whining for me to let them rest.

"Do you or do you not want to look nice," I tell him I do. "Then you need to let me take my time. This dress is not for you, it's more of a club dress, move on." I sit it down and pick up another, it's a dirty martini long sleeve mini dress in the shade of dark green and made of satin material. He tells me no, after looking at 10 more dresses he finally picks one he likes and I like too.

The dress is plain. Paisley lace patchy mini dress that shows enough leg to please Andreas. I borrow Mary's pointed cat heels. 

As I set out the dress, heels, and jewelry on the bed, Cross walks up behind me. "Hey, what time is Andreas picking you up?"

"8, why?" I ask, distracted by how pretty the dress is.

"It's 7:30 right now."

I turn around so fast, I thought my neck would break. "What! No way, it's got to be least be 6:30." Cross shows me his phone, it is instead 7:30. That's when my heart starts to beat like crazy and I swear the whole world has collapsed. 

"Cross!" Every word I start to beat on his chest. "Why didn't you say anything!" 

"Hey, you're an adult take some responsibility." He rubs his chest. "Now go and get your ass ready, I'll let Andreas in when he gets here." 

I nod my head. I need to take a shower, do my hair, and do slight makeup. Oh god, what if he got us a reservation and we show up late and have to eat at Waffle House. Nothing wrong with Waffle House, I don't want that to be where Andreas and I's date take place. Although he probably wouldn't mind, the boy eats anything.

As fast as I can, I shave my entire body, clean my skin until it's red, and put on cute undergarments. I don't want to have sex with Andreas tonight, it's too soon, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do other things and when he sees me in this dress, he's going to want to touch me.

As I'm putting lotion on my legs, I hear a knock at the door.

Andreas.

I listen to the conversation through the door, "Hey, is Elizabeth here?" Andreas asked.

"Bathroom. She miscalculated the time, I told her to be more responsible, but you know your girl." 

I can feel Andreas's smile through the door, "Yeah, I do."

I then remember I need to finish getting ready, while slipping on my dress and putting up my hair, I hear Andreas ask Cross something shocking.

"So, while Elizabeth and I were talking, you two have gotten closer."

"We have," said Cross.

"And on the night of Doug's match, I heard she went to see you and even stayed the night."

Cross's voice has an edge to it, "Yeah, I took care of her when you didn't. The girl came to my door, crying her eyes out, I've never seen someone cry so much for so long. So, don't be mad that she was with me, be glad that I took care of her when you didn't when you couldn't." I never heard Cross be so angry, it throws me off. 

"Did you try anything with her?"

"The hell is wrong with you man; she was crying didn't you hear that part."

Andreas sighs, "I know that, and I'm grateful for you taking care of her, but did you try anything with her, after the fact. We might not have been talking, and she hated my guts but she was still my girl in my eyes. So, the question remains, did you try anything?"

"No," Cross says, bite to the word. "And one thing, you better not hurt her this time, she's a good girl with a great sense of humor and so fucking caring it's insane. You might be Andreas Chen, but I will still hurt you." I clamp my hand over my mouth, surprised. I didn't know Cross felt so strongly about me or our friendship.

I open the door, and both of them turn toward me, jaws dropping to the ground. Cross smiles, obviously pleased that he picked out a nice dress while Andreas just stares, taking in my beauty and glad he snagged a gal like me. 

"I think this is my cue to go, see you later Eliza." He gives me a side hug, hand clamps around my face. "If anything happens-"

"I know." He holds my stare for a moment, then let's go.

He grabs his stuff, and heads out the door, not before eying Andreas, warning him. Andreas just shakes his head, smirking.

I walk back into the bathroom, putting the final touches on my hair. Since I don't have enough time, I pin it up in a bun, and some of the curls hang out on the side. While putting on gloss, Andreas stands behind me in the bathroom, just watching me. His body leans up against the wall, hands in pockets as his eyes go up and down, mostly down. I don't say anything because it feels nice, to have him looking at me. He doesn't put his hands on me, just watches.

"What do you see?" I ask him.

"The face of the women I love." He says softly.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! Smiley face, smiley face, smiley face, exclamation point!