Yet again, he confesses his love for me, in a closet

As I stare at the door, hoping Jill will come back, Tana comes from around the corner, "I got an A on my anatomy exam!" She waves the paper around, showing me the huge A, like I can't see it from here.

"Good for you." I congratulate her. Lately, Tana and I have been becoming friends. Whenever Jill and I go out somewhere, she tags along. At first, it was weird because I didn't know her, but she started making trips to the library or lecture halls fun, making assumptions about teachers or telling us a wild story with her many sugar daddies. Tana is seriously smart and very funny.

She looks around, "Where's Jill? She said she would be here with you." I watch her gray eyes search over the place, to see if she can find the raven-haired girl.

"She left."

"To where?"

"The health clinic, she thinks she has an STD." I don't further explain.

Tana sits down in the chair that Jill was in, "Are you serious? Holy hell, STDs are the worst." I give her a look. "Oh, I never had one. I've seen pictures of them in my class, it's disgusting. We'll talk when we get to the dorm. Oh! I forgot to tell you; Andreas is here."

"What, no he isn't. He's stuck in Washington."

She shakes her head, "No, I just saw him when I walked out of my class. He should be coming around the-"

"Elizabeth!" I hear Andreas yell; everyone turns towards him. He walks down the hall, pep in his step, and his eyes are glued to me. His chest is pumped out, fist tight and jaw clenched.

"Holy hell." I think he's mad.

"I'll see you later." Tana ruffles my curls and heads out the door. I try to follow behind her, but I'm stopped when Andreas' hand clamped around my forearm.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Home?" I say it like a question.

"Not right now, we need to talk." He snaps his fingers for me to walk down the hall, and I comply. He walks behind me like a cop sending a prisoner back to their cell.

We walk down the hallway towards the back of the building, there's only one classroom back here and no one is in it. Across from the empty classroom is a closet, he opens it and pushes me in, following behind me.

His hand pulls the string above us, turning on the light and highlighting my fear. I take the few seconds I have to look around the closet. It's small and narrow, old posters are on the wall, a clock with the wrong time and a hook with various keys. Toilet paper, a mop bucket, and various other cleaning supplies loiter on the floor. Right next to me is a shelf, piled with miscellaneous things.

I am suddenly pushed up against the wall, he's flushed against my chest, letting his breath fan my face. I look down, he lifts my chin to him.

"Look at me." His voice demanded.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Livid."

"I didn't mean to-"

He presses his finger against my lip, "I'm doing the talking, you listen." I nod my head. "I spent most of the night wondering why you wouldn't forgive me; I've done everything my jock brain could think of to please you. I know the gifts weren't extravagant, maybe your past boyfriends rented out stadiums or took you to your favorite band, but I can't because I'm broke and barely can afford gas. But no, I practically spent almost 100 dollars on those flowers, took me forever to highlight your name, and had Teddy digging through my closet to find those notebooks, and yet I wasn't forgiven."