It starts with us

Elizabeth's P.O.V-

I stand in the mirror in my dorm room, trying to tie my curly hair into a tight bun. It's hard because some of the hairs keep falling out. Behind me, Jill sits on my bed painting her toenails black. I told her she could use any other color, but she picked black instead.

Mary is on her bed texting away on her phone. She hasn't looked up at us in over 20 minutes. Feeling defeated, I just let my hair cascade down my body in a wild mess. Now that I look at it, maybe this is how I should leave it, doesn't look half bad with my dress. My dress is a cream color that has spaghetti straps, a deep V-neck, and stops at my knees. Mervin's Mary is a pretty swanky and classy place, why not look the part. 

I groan, "Mary, who are you texting? All I can hear is clacking in the air." Jill finishes up on her toes, putting the cap on it and sliding it into my nightstand drawer, giving us her undivided attention.

"It's no one." She said, distracted. Jill hops off the bed, walking on the heels of her feet and grabbing the phone out of Mary's hand. "Hey, give that back!" She yells, trying to come for Jill, but she slips and falls face-first on my bed. Jill runs behind me, using my body as a shield while she checks her phone.

"Who in the hell is Jody?" She asked. I turned around, looking at the phone. In the middle of the screen was the name Jody, but no picture of the unknown person.

Mary's cheeks flush, "Just some boy, it's not that important and probably won't lead anywhere, can I have my phone back please." She begs.

Jill holds her finger up, "Wait, this isn't just someone. Oh my God, it's the guy from the after-party that you made out with. I remember him asking for your name, and you asked for his, and I thought he said Toby or Coby, but now I know it to be Jody. How did you even get his number?"

"When I was leaving Chemistry yesterday, he spotted me down the hall, and when I tried to run, he caught up to me. We walked for a minute and gave me his number, ever since then we've been texting. He probably just wants to get into my pants." 

I cross my arms, "If you thought that then you wouldn't be texting him, now would you Mrs. Mary Jody." Jill snickers behind me.

"Oh, let's sing the song," Jill suggests. I say ok.

"JODY AND MARY SITTING IN A TREE-"

"Guys, stop that!"

"-K-I-S-S-I-N-G. FIRST COMES LOVE-"

"This is very childish of you guys. I expected more-"

"-THEN COMES MARRIAGE, THEN COMES-"

"No baby!" She yells.

"-THE BABY IN THE BABY CARRIAGE!" Jill and I finish up.

Mary pushes me out the way, grabs her phone from Jill, and goes back to her bed. Her dark pink dress fans out around her. "I hate you guys so much."

Jill and I both smile, "We know." 

"Damn, I need to go. Daniel and I need time to set everything up and rehearse. See you two later." She waves bye to us, grabs her bag, and walks on her heels out the door. I prodded her on the way here to know what song they were singing, but she only gave me the same hint she did at the house: the song has my name in it. I don't know any songs that have the name Elizabeth in them. God, I hate surprises. 

My head turns when I hear a knock at the door. "Jill, you better not have forgotten-", my voice halts when I realize that it isn't Jill, but Andreas. Scratch that- a very sexy Andreas. He has on a black button-up shirt that's tucked into some slick jeans. Some of the buttons are open at the top, showing off his tan chest. He leans an arm against the door, trying to come off as sexy. He could be wearing a teddy bear costume and I would still be turned on.