I saved Jace Storme from his torment

"Yeah, she's a good girl," I say to myself. "Anyway, she let, well I kind of forced her to let me fix her hand up. Before she left, I confessed to her what she wanted from me, things I'm not ok with repeating in front of you. I got to the end of my speech, and I choked."

He smirks, "You were going to tell her that you love her, weren't you?"

I nod my head, "I wanted to tell it to her, trust me I did, but I was scared. My heart was beating out of my chest, I thought I would burst into flames. I realized, talking to Topolski, the only way to get over what happened with Jessie and me is to go talk to the source."

"And that source is Jessie."

"Exactly. I never actually talked to her about what happened, just yelled and left. When she came by the house that was the first time, I saw her since that day. I need to hear her side of things and be able to tell her what I think. This is the only way I can fully give myself to Elizabeth."

When I got home that night after dropping off Ollie and talking to Topolski, I thought about what he said. The only way I can have a future with Elizabeth, or anybody really, is I need to get over what happened. I don't know how Jessie is going to react to seeing me, it's not like she forgot about our argument when she stopped by the house.

I practically ran her out of town.

I haven't thought about what I wanted to say to her. I may start yelling from the beginning, but I can't do that, I want a civilized conversation. I never told her I was coming, so it'll be a surprise for her and I hope that James isn't there, we don't need to speak.

No one knows, but we did speak about what happened. During my being drunk and staying out phase, I somehow drove to his house and ranted like a buffoon. He leaned against his door, just watching me go on and on. I don't remember exactly what I said, but it was along the lines of him being a bad friend and asking a million times how he could fuck my girlfriend.

He rolled his eyes, told me to fuck off, and shut the door.

He never apologized.

"That's good man, it's time that you let that shit go and move on. Eliza is good for you. So, you taking Monica then?"

I groan, "Jace, I said no. I need to do this on my own."

"Look, I'll pay you money." He says desperately.

"Dude I'm not-"

"30." He offers.

"Jace, you can't pay me t-"

"60."

"Deal." I lean a hand out, shaking it to seal the deal.

What! Gas is expensive here in California and I make minimum wage.

As if she heard us talking about her, Monica comes into the room.

"Andreas, when did you get here?" She comes over and gives me a big hug. "Jace, I couldn't get you the pudding, these incompetent nurses can't even run out and buy you some, yet they're supposed to do everything to make the patient happy and comfortable. I might have to report them."

I ignore her statement, "I got in just a few minutes ago." I kiss her head. "We miss you around the house."

"Now you're lying. I heard about Teddy, is he ok?" She crossed her arms, her face swelled up with nervousness.

I shrug my shoulder, "I don't know, we'll know something at the end of the day."

"Wait, you knew about the Teddy situation and you didn't think to tell me!" Jace says, enraged.

She pouts her lips, walking over to him, "I didn't want to tell you, because you would overexert yourself, we can't have that for your recovery." Her hand rubs over his forehead.

"Moni, my arm is broken not my brain."

"You can never be too careful." Jace gives me an annoyed look, I roll my eyes.

"Hey, Monica. I'm going out today to Stanford, you want to come with me?"

"I would love to, but Jace needs me. Isn't that right, baby?"

"Uh, you've been stuck in here with me, you should go out with Andreas. Get some fresh air, I'll be fine. Go."

"Are you su-"

"YES! I mean, I will be fine the nurses will take good care of me. Go have fun." He pulls her down by the neck, gives her a heated kiss then pats her ass towards the door.

She starts to grab her bag, packing her phone and other stuff inside. Then puts on her jacket and tennis shoes. "If anything happens-"

"I'll call you; I know. Have fun, I love you."

"Love you too." She sends him an air kiss and out the door she goes. I tell Jace goodbye and head out of the hospital with Monica next to me.

"Where are we going?" She asked as I unlocked my truck.

"Oh, you wouldn't believe me if I told you."