Who knew Andreas Chen could be so cruel

"Yes, she and my family are in town for my football game, and to see me of course. I've been visiting them at the hotel. There is no other girl, Elizabeth." His voice was rid of humor, he was serious, and I was the only girl.

And this only girl feels like a fool.

"Had to make sure. So, what do you want to talk about." I say, trying to change the subject, it works.

"I want to talk about you and me."

My heart tightens, "What about us?"

And I can tell from the painful look on his face, and the way the breath from his body staggered that the words he was about to say were hard to form, "We can't. . .resume what we have. The sleeping around, I want it to stop."

I clutch the railing behind me, holding onto it for dear life, if I didn't, I felt I would fall over.

"Why? I thought what we had going was fine."

He looks at his shoes, "It was, but I don't want anything more with you. Messing around was the drive, the sex, mostly. Then things started to become more serious. You're. . .distracting me from my studies, I seem to can't focus."

What!

Realization hits me. That's why he wasn't talking to me and ignoring me, he didn't want me anymore.

Anger seeps into my bloodstream, "So, I'm a distraction then? You only wanted sex from me, and once you got it, you're done with me, discarding me like old bones."

"It's not like that."

"Yes, it is!" I bite back the tears that threaten to leave my eyes. "I was just another lay to you. All those things you said to me, I lean closer to him, "when we were having sex, all those things you said to me, whispered against my skin, that was all a joke." He keeps looking at his shoes. "Look. At. Me."

He does, and his eyes are void.

"This is low, Andreas, fucking low, even for you. I know you're hurt after what happened to Jessie-"

"This has nothing to do with her." His voice was dark.

"Oh, I think it does. After she broke your heart, danced on it, and threw it away, you've sworn away women. I get it, it's hard to start something that hurt you, I was the same way with driving."

"And yet you still don't drive." I ignore the jab he made and focus on what I'm trying to get out.

"I know you love me; you don't have to say it, I can feel it. The way you touch me, and when you kiss me, it isn't simple, it's so passionate and overpowering that it makes my head explode. I know you feel it too. Don't keep yourself away from being happy for something that happened years ago."

"I. Don't. Want. You." He says every word, and every word cuts me like a knife to the heart.

He walks away, and I scream something at him that I know I will come to regret, "I-"

My voice breaks off, the words are stuck in my throat, I'm trying to push them out, but the sternness of his back muscles makes me stop.

He stops in his tracks, hands clamped together, creating crescent moons in his palms, without turning around to me, he says, "What is it, Elizabeth?"

I bite my lip, trying to tame whatever emotions deep in my core. He turns to me, eyes blazing like he wants me to say it first, needs me to say it first. "I- I- lo-"

He walks slowly up to me, every step sends a stutter down my spine, my body is on fire, I need water. "What is it, E?"

I shake my head, "Nothing, I was saying nothing."