Losing the best thing-43

Skylar’s POV

I rolled out of bed and looked around to see an unfamiliar room. It was run down, dirty and cold. But then I remembered why I was here. It was the nearest motel that the Taxi driver dropped me off at. My head was pounding as I grabbed the blanket off the bed and wrapped it around me. I was still in the dress I had on last night, since I didn’t really plan on staying at some random hotel, I didn’t really come prepared.

 With the blanket wrapped around me from head to toe, I searched the room for the air conditioning, hoping that I could turn the heat up.

My eyes were sore from crying last night. I still can’t believe that he cheated on me. I mean, I thought we were in love, I thought everything between Harry and I was fine.  I never thought in a million years Harry would ever cheat on me.

I’ve never felt this way towards someone before. I’ve never fell so hard for someone, and to know that he wasn’t faithful kills me.

I’ve never been this heartbroken.

I searched the walls looking for the little box with buttons to turn up the heat and thankfully I found it next to the washroom door.

I fiddled with the buttons, not really sure of what to do, but whatever I did, had to be wrong because a loud beeping noise went off before it completely shut down and a little pile of spoke spit out of it.

Great.

I broke it.

Aren’t I lucky?

I’m not sure how long I’m planning on staying here, but all I know is that I’m not planning on going back to the hotel where the boys are at. 

Frankly, I don’t want to face any of them. By now, I’m sure that they all found out and I don’t want to get the amount of attention I know they’re going to give me.

I just wish this never happened.

Right at this moment, just thinking about everything makes me rethink a lot of things about our relationship. Did he ever really love me? Was I just a fling to him? Was he even serious about me... us?

Nothing can explain my emotions. I want to hate him, but I can’t because I still love him. I want to be angry but I feel like it won’t get me anywhere.

So now I’m just left with sad or happy. Happy is definitely out of the question. I’m sad, disappointed, and heartbroken.

And it really, really sucks.

I walked into the washroom and grabbed a robe and threw it over my dress, letting the blanket drop to the ground.

Since I could be here for another few days, I might as well try to get the heating fixed.

I walked out the door and to the front desk where an older man who had to be in his mid 50’s was sitting.

“Hello, what can I help you with?”

“Uhm, my heating is broken; could you send someone down to fix it?”

“Yes dear, I’ll send a technician down right now, what’s your room number?”

“32”

“Alright, I’ll page him in a moment, but please, be sure to help yourself to the breakfast buffet, its open from 5am-11:40am.”

I smiled and nodded as I thanked him quietly.

Well I might as well at least get a bite to eat right? Since I’ll have a technician in my room it’ll be easier for me to just waste some time there.