Bonding Time- 4

Harry’s POV

“Hey Simon.... what? Yah she was here and she left a while ago too.... Mmhm, don’t worry; I’m sure she’s out with her friend... His names Eddy... No I don’t know him... Simon calm down, don’t worry I’ll go look for her...okay bye.” I said.

                Simon called me and explained that Skylar hasn’t gone home yet. Right now it’s already 9:00pm. Its pitch black out and I just know that she must have gotten lost trying to walk home. Why am I such an idiot? I shouldn’t have let her walk home. I shouldn’t have made things so weird when she was over either. If it wasn’t for me then she would be safe at home right now. I don’t know why I told Simon that she was probably out with that Eddy kid. But I don’t know why but a spring of jealousy came out when she told me who he was.

                I threw on my shoes, and grabbed a jacket and went to my car. It couldn’t be that hard to find her right? She couldn’t have gone too far. But last time she walked to the other side of town, so there’s always the chance of finding her at an odd place.

                I started driving for about half an hour and I couldn’t find her. I tried calling her cell phone but it went straight to voicemail, which meant that her battery must have died and she can’t really contact anyone. But suddenly my phone rang.

“Hello?” I said answering the unknown number.

“Hi, Harry?” The voice said, which sounded kind of like Skylar’s.

“Skylar is that you? Where the hell are you? Simon is worried sick!”

“Yah I figured, but could you come pick me up, I got lost and my battery died and I couldn’t really call anyone, I’m at the Corner Street Bar,” she said, as I made my way there.

I called Simon and told him that I found her, that he shouldn’t be worried and that she’s fine. I also told him not to get too mad at her because it wasn’t her fault. After a 10 minute drive I finally reached the bar and she headed to the car.

“Hey,” She said as she sat in the seat next to me, “Sorry about getting everyone worried. I just got lost, and my phone died and I couldn’t find anywhere to go because everything was closed and then I walked past here and-”

I stopped her from talking with a laugh “You don’t need to explain yourself, I get it you got lost, it’s no big deal” I said trying to get her not too scared.

“Well thanks for getting me, I wasn’t sure if Simon was busy or something,”

“Yah, it’s alright, but next time let one of us drive you home, okay?” I said smiling at her. She smiled back at me, which made my heart pound, it finally seems like she’s getting more comfortable with me, that’s always a good sign right?

“Well, I like walking around!” She said while laughing, “But fine, next time I’ll get someone to drive me.”

“Also, you should start charging your phone more often, it would help too.” I said.

She shook her head while smiling, “I’ll remember that too,”

                After driving for a couple of minutes I finally pulled up to her house, I could tell she was nervous. She knew that Simon would probably get mad at her, but she seems a little too worried. Simon will probably just tell her not to do it again, I’m actually positive he will. But she just looks like she’s expecting a lot worse and I know Simon, and he isn’t all that scary, the boy’s and I have done way worse, and his punishments were nothing.

“You shouldn’t be worried,” I said to her while she looked up at me with worried eyes.

“I know, but it’s like, I’ve been here for a week and I’m already getting him worried and mad.”