Car Rides and a Fancy Hotel Room-50

Harry’s POV

I was completely tense driving around the area looking for a decent hotel for Skylar and me to stay in. We passed a few motels, but I didn’t want to risk sleeping in a bedbug infested bed. So I was currently driving down the highway to reach to a more City like area where the higher class hotels were.

Another reason why I’m looking for a nicer hotel to stay in is because I want Sky to be relaxed. I want her to be comfortable and get a good night’s rest. I don’t want her feel uncomfortable- if I wanted her to feel that way I would have kept us at her dad’s house.

She tried to convince me to just stop at a random motel, but I refused. She didn’t want me to “waste my money” but really, me spending money on a couple nights in a hotel room is like giving pennies to the homeless. I have a lot of money saved up; it won’t make much of a difference in my bank account.

I’ve never concentrated on the road like I am now. The only reason why I’m paying attention so well is because I’m trying to get my mind off everything that happened.

When Sky told me about her dad, it took a lot for me not to find him and kill him right on the spot. For her, I was willing to accept the fact that he changed and is trying to gain her trust back. But the second I heard her scream and saw the panicked look on her face I couldn’t hold back. He hurt her; even though he didn’t touch her, he hurt her mentally. She trusted him, I trusted him and he let us all down.

Sky didn’t say a word in the car. She was crying for the first 5 minutes of the car ride- not hysterically, but enough for me to hear. It killed me watching her and not being able to do anything about it. To know that just a bit earlier today she was smiling and now she’s crying just makes me angrier.

I can’t stop asking myself the same questions.

Why would he go back to drinking?

Why would he scare her like that again?

Does he not want to have a relationship with his child?

Will he even remember everything when he wakes up in the morning?

Everything in my mind was crazy. I just want answers. No- I want answers for Sky. All she wanted was to be able to trust her dad again and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, at least not for awhile.

We officially hit downtown and the darkness in the car was gone. The bright lights of the city shown through the window, it grabbed Sky’s attention. It made me smile a bit watching her look at all the people walking around having a good time in awe.

I could tell all she wanted was to be in any of the people outside the windows position.

I placed my hand on her thigh, a sign of comfort. Her eyes peered over to where my hands were touching her leg. I didn’t expect her to do anything, but I couldn’t help but smile when I felt her soft hands come in contact with mine. She linked her fingers between mine and held on to it tight but comfortably.

I stopped at the first fancy hotel I saw. It had two large glass doors and the name of the hotel was written in big cursive letters.

I dropped the car off at the valet. Pressing my luck just a bit, I grabbed a hold of Skylar’s hand as we entered the hotel. Just to my luck she didn’t pull away.

I ordered from the front desk the one room suite with one queen sized bed. It came with a miniature kitchen and a large bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub. A seating area was placed next to the kitchen making it feel just like a miniature home. The hotel room came with free chocolates and soft drinks. It was on the higher levels of the hotel, almost at the top. From outside the large window we could see a beautiful view of the city. What’s more luxurious than this?