Im Not Like The Rest, Harry Styles-1

First chapter yaayy!!!!

Picture of skylar --------------------------------------------------------------------------->

First fanfic, give this a chance it would mean a lot!!!

OK SO THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS MAY SUCK BUT I PROMIS THE FARTHER DOWN YOU GO THE BETTER IT'll GET. My writing has impoved since I started this a while ago and I just wanted to let you all know that THIS BOOK DOES HAVE HOPE! 

Life’s tough. I learned that the hard way. I thought my life was full of hearts and flowers. And it was. That was until my mom died. She was so young and so beautiful. She died a couple months ago in a car accident. Police never verified what caused it. They claimed that it was because of the car but my dad managed to convince himself that it was my fault. He claimed that I never appreciated her and that I used her for her money and never gave her any love. And that wasn’t true. I loved her so much and it killed me hearing the bad news. But ever since that day my dad has turned into someone different. I don’t even know who he is anymore.

After her death he turned to drugs and alcohol. He hasn’t gone a day without being high or drunk. Weird eh? Statistics shows that most teens turn to drugs and alcohol after losing a parent, but not in this case. I wouldn’t do something stupid like that. I know my mom would be so ashamed if I did. Now that she’s gone my dad’s gone too. Every since she died, he turned into an abusive bastard. All he did was hit and kick and slap and beat me saying that it was my fault that, I caused her death. Those words hurt me every time they were said.

My names Skylar Cowell and my life sucks.

“Wh-where t-t-the hell are you going.” My dad mumbled as I was trying to run away upstairs. I could tell he had been drinking. I could practically smell the alcohol from half way up the stairs.

“I’m going to bed dad.” I said scared out of my mind. When he was this drunk nothing good ever happened.

“G-g-get your ass here r-right now” He said wobbling closer to me.

Instead I ran all the way up the stairs. I was so scarred but I even knew it was the worst thing to do. I knew I would regret this but I just wanted to get away. I don’t know how but my dad managed to make his way up the stairs. He grabbed my left arm and slapped me with his free hand. In the moment I couldn’t help but yell. God dammit that hurt. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes but I wouldn’t show him that I was that weak.

“Y-you deserve so much more, y-y-you killed her,” He said as he kicked me I the ribs. I was now on the ground. He continued kicking and I continued to ask him to stop

“Please, I’m sorry, stop it please!” I pleaded.  But he just kept going. I tried to get up but it just hurt too much.

“I swear to fucking god I’m going to kill you.” He hissed at me. And deep down I knew he meant it. He grabbed my hair and dragged me down the stairs. Now I was crying I couldn’t hold it in. I knew this was it. This is the last thing that’s going to happen before I die. I’m going to be killed by my so called father because he was still mourning over my mother’s death.

But I didn’t want to die. I had so much life to live. So I did what I could only think of and I yelled for help. I’ve never yelled louder in my life. I was now in the kitchen, my head was pounding, my stomach aching and my legs going numb.

He stumbled before he made his way to the front door locking it, just in case even though I knew no one would notice me gone anyways.  He made his way up to me and gave me one last hit in the face before I completely blacked out.