Skylars Dad's House-47

Harry’s POV

We eventually arrived and I didn’t fall asleep once. The entire ride here I observed Sky, knowing that a moment like this may not happen again for a long while the whole way here she was cuddled up in my arms, her head resting on my chest with my arm around her arms keeping her cold body warm. She peacefully slept, hardly moving in her sleep.  She looked so relaxed. She really needed the rest she got on her way here. I’m not sure why, but I feel like she hasn’t been getting much sleep lately, and that’s do to me.

Waking her up was harder than I assumed it would be. I’d whisper her name and shake her slightly, hoping to see her brown eyes flutter open, but that didn’t happen. She tugged on my shirt lightly, pulling her body closer to mine. She resumed sleeping and as much as I wanted to just stay here and let her wake up when she wanted to, I couldn’t. Her dad was waiting inside and I didn’t want her to waste any of the limited time she’ll have with him.

I shook her once again and rubbed her cheek with my thumb. She took her time opening her eyes and fully waking herself up.

“We’re here, love.” I spoke in a low tone. She stayed in my arms for another moment before realizing that she was leaning on me.

She rushed herself off of me and shuffled down the seat to the other end of the car.

“Sorry about that.” She apologized, placing her hand over her forehead attempting to hide her reddening face.

I found to cute how she found the need to hide her blush because she slept on my side. But at the same time, it saddened me that she probably regrets it.

“It’s no problem,” I smiled at her then suggested we get a move on.

I met Skylar at the trunk of the limo. Because we only took two small suitcases (one suitcase per person), I offered to carry hers, she rejected my offer, but I insisted until she just let me.

I attached her luggage onto op mine and dragged it with one of my hands

Walking up to the house, Skylar looked nervous. I wanted to ask why but I already knew she wouldn’t tell me.

She looked up at me and bit her lips before she rang the door bell. She took a step back so she was beside me.

To my surprise, she grabbed a hold of my free hand. Her small hand held mine tightly, and I couldn’t help but smile. I know she needs support and I’m glad she’s allowing herself to use me. Maybe she is beginning to trust me again.

I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze while I rubbed circles on the skin of her hand that my thumb was hovering over.

We heard shuffling behind the door, the sound of a chain unlocking as well as the lock on the door. The door was opened and there stood an older man. His hair was brown mixed with lots o white hairs. He had prickles of hair surrounding his jaw line. He was just as tall as me, he wasn’t very it, but he wasn’t obese. He was wearing a white undershirt as well as a pair of grey track pants. He smiled at Skylar who looked like a nervous wreck.

“Welcome home,” He spoke, widening the door for us to walk in. He walked into the house and went straight towards the kitchen that was visible from the spot we were standing in.

I looked down at Skylar, who didn’t budge.

“You okay?” I asked, looking her straight in the eye.

She coughed, readjusted herself and nodded. “Y-yah, I’m just... I’m fine.”

She didn’t move though. Before her dad would notice, I decided to take the lead into his home. I tugged on Skylar’s hand, pulling her into the house. Her hand tightened around mine as we walked deeper into the house. I left our luggage by the door but didn’t bother to take off my shoes.