Perfect morning??-48

Skylar’s POV

By the time morning came, Harry and I stayed in the same position. The bed was so small; I was surprised that neither of us had fallen. It was like the entire night, Harry made sure I was safe on the bed.

His arms were wrapped around me tightly, but in a comfortable way. My body was pressed against his and our legs were tangled together. It felt refreshing waking up like this. I feel happy, as though things are back to normal.

But they aren’t.

I’m not sure what got into me last night. I should have taken the floor or the couch, and given Harry the mattress to sleep on by himself.

I guess being back at this place just scares me. I haven’t been here in so long and I almost completely forgot about everything that has happened here. I’ve been moving on. So many bad memories come with this house and I guess I felt scared and Harry was there and he makes me feel safe, and I yearned for that feeling. Of course I’d run to him.

I honestly didn’t think I’d need anyone to come with me. I thought I’d be able to handle coming back here. I didn’t expect to feel all sad and scared. I know my dad is trying to show me he’s changed but all I can think of is him hitting me or yelling at me. I know I gave him a hard time last night. I was utterly dull and rude. I didn’t give him a chance to truly show me he’s changed, but I’m just scared that he hasn’t.

My hands moved to Harry’s arm. I tried to move it off me, but with every attempt, he only held me tighter.

“Harry...” I mumbled, giggling softly as he pulled me closer to him-well, he tried.

He groaned, snuggling into me. “Two more minutes, please.”

His arms loosened around me once he noticed I was trying to face him.

“Let me out, I’ll make some tea.”

His eyes remained closed but a smile placed on his lips. He shook his head while hugging me into his chest.

“Please,”

I sighed, giving into him. I snuggled into his bare chest, letting myself feel him again. I’ve missed him so much. It may not seem like it, but I have. I feel like I’m forgiving him too easily, but it’s hard to keep a grudge going when you love someone. He means so much to me and I don’t want to lose him. But that doesn’t mean I trust him again. He cheated and he may not have slept with her, but what he did wasn’t any better.

I can’t lie. I was a little relieved when he told me he didn’t sleep with her. I guess after he told me the truth about what happened I felt like I could start to trust him again.

He makes me feel comfortable and safe, as long as he doesn’t push it, he’ll get me back. I’m already leaning on him for strength, and he’s doing a perfect job. He hasn’t been overly touchy or couply with me, but he’s done enough to calm me and relax me.

But I can’t just get back with him. I’m not ready yet.

~

I opened my eyes to an empty bed. I felt scared for a moment. First of all, I felt weird waking up in my old room, but to be left by myself was even worse.

Where’s Harry?

I slipped out of bed and was about to walk out of the room, but I don’t think I’d like to walk around in just Harry’s shirt.

I grabbed a pair of shorts from my suitcase and slipped them onto my legs.

After brushing my teeth and brushing my hair quickly I rushed downstairs. I walked straight into the kitchen to see Harry and my dad laughing at something.