Can't Stay Mad-38

Skylar’s POV

“He did not!” Maddy yelled through the phone, refusing to believe me. I just told her everything that happened with Harry and she was in total disbelief.

“He did, and honestly I feel crushed. He doesn’t trust me! It’s not fair! He knows I’d never do something stupid like date Eddy. Ugh, I just can’t believe him right now.”

“Well if he really loves you he’d forgive you. He won’t be able to stay mad at you for long. He’s obviously crazy about you. He’s probably just scared he might lose you, especially with him being overseas.”

“Still Maddy, he can’t just accuse me then ask me to explain THEN hang up on me! That’s completely rude and it hurt me.”

I heard her sigh as she took a breath. “This is my entire fault. I shouldn’t have made you ask Eddy out for me. None of this would have happened. I’m so sorry Sky.”

“No it’s fine. And it’s not your fault; I wanted to do it for you. He’s just over reacting. I’m just hoping he’s not too mad at me.”

“Has he tried calling?”

“He’s called about 25 times since last night.” I admitted.

“Skylar! Talk to him! He obviously wants to talk to you and fix things if he keeps calling!”

I shook my head even though she wouldn’t be able to see it through the phone. “I’m mad at him; he can wait until I’m ready.”

I know it was kind of childish for me to refuse to talk to him until I felt like it, but he needs to know that it’s not okay to just be rude to me like that.

When he hung up on me I felt horrible. I even started crying because I thought he was going to break up with me.  But when he began to call I realized that he was sorry, but I don’t appreciate the fact that he made me feel like that. He can’t just assume the worst of me. He should trust me. I mean, I trust him completely. The fact that he doesn’t trust me hurts a lot more than I let out.

I understand why he wants me away from Eddy and it’s not like I’m planning on ever hanging out with Eddy again. I only hung out with him for Maddy. It’s not like I’m even friends with him. It was a onetime thing I did for a friend. It meant nothing more. But I can’t believe Harry doesn’t think that.

“I guess that makes sense, but don’t make him wait too long. Things won’t get better unless you two talk it out.”

“Yah, I guess so. I’m just... mad... no frustrated. I don’t even know. I’m just filled with mixed emotions. But I’ll talk to him soon. I don’t know when soon is, but soon.”

“You promise? I don’t want you to wait any longer than a day.”

I let out a light chuckle. “Yah yah, I promise.”

“Good girl, now I have to go. I’ve got my date with Eddy.”

“Have fun, but be... safe. Don’t even think about stopping at his house. Especially on the first date! And make sure before you two become an official couple, you should get to know him first for at least a month.”

I could tell she was surprised by what I said but I said it for her sake. God forbid that Eddy repeats what he did to me with Maddy. I would personally kill him with my bare hands. Although she doesn’t know what happened, I still want to caution her.

“I won’t, don’t worry. I’ll make him work for me.”

I began to laugh at her attitude as she laughed as well.