Elevator Arguments but True Love-52

Skylar’s POV

A perfect day can only last 24 hours, this was proven right now. The next day came too soon. Harry won’t let us stay here another day because he wants to go back to my dad’s house and clear things up. He said he wants and explanation and he owes me one too. I know that, but the image of my dad drunk and possibly hurting me again is all I can think of. Harry still doesn’t understand what I’ve gone through, he thinks it’s a lot easier for me to do, but if anything it’s harder. I explained all this to him and he didn’t take it too nicely.

“I never said it would be easy for you.” He said sternly as we began to walk towards the elevator. He clicked the button hitting the downwards arrow and we tried to be patient while waiting.

“But you implied it; you think it’s been easy for me to even come here in the first place?” I sighed as the elevator opened, we stepped in and I crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned into the corner of the miniature room.

Harry let out a frustrated groan as he clicked the Lobby button.

“I knew this was going to be hard for you. That’s why I came here in the first place! I came because I wanted to be by your side during tough times like this.”

“You only came with me so you could win me back...” I mumbled to myself, but I knew he heard. I didn’t mean to say it, and I probably sounded snobby and completely disrespectful to all Harry’s efforts, but it’s true. But at the same time, I’m glad he came with me.

“That’s true, but at the same time, no matter what situation we were in, I would be here by your side no matter what, and that’s because I love you and I knew that this wouldn’t be easy for you. I’m only pushing you so much because I want things to be better in your life, I’m not doing this because I all I wanted was to win you back, there’s so much more to it.”

I could tell by his voice that he was being serious. He wasn’t bullshitting his words and it’s making me feel guilty.

Just as the elevator door was opening I shyly grabbed a hold of his hand. I didn’t want him to think I was mad at him and for sure, I didn’t want him to be mad at me.

He complied, holding my hand tightly and reassuringly. As we walked to the front desk, Harry continued to hold my hand while he checked out and made final payments to the room.

I guess he understood my sudden change of mood in the elevator. I guess it was my nerves taking over me and I’m thankful that Harry knows me well enough to understand.

It didn’t take long for us to make it to the car. I can’t describe how nervous I feel.  I’m so scared things will go wrong, but I have to keep reminding myself that Harry’s here and he won’t let anything happen to me. He’s already pissed at my dad for the other night when he was home drunk but I just hope he can contain himself when we face him again

His hand rested on my knee while my hand was placed on top of his. I found myself playing with his long fingers.

“We’re almost there,” He informed grabbing my hand and giving it a soft kiss. He concentrated on the road ahead and I could tell he was in deep thought.

“What’re you thinking about?” I asked. He glanced at me for a quick second before looking back at the road and smiling.

“You of course,” I giggled at his words but I knew it was a lie.

“No seriously, Harry. You look a little tense.”

“It’s nothing you need to worry about, Love. I was just thinking to myself about nothing.”