Four: Foiled Plans

Dumbledore

Things were not going according to plan at all, and receiving the responses to the school owls in regards to Harry Potter and Hermione Granger were disturbing in the extreme. First, was Harry abduction from the Dursleys, and how the 'uppity bitch,' from the Ministry claimed that she was the Minister of Magic. Then, was the curt responses that both students would be attending school on time. But what Hagrid told him about meeting this witch, and seeing the two children in question caused him no end of disquiet.

"How did this older witch seem to you, Hagrid?" He finally asked the half giant.

Hagrid shuffled his feet, uncomfortable. "Well, she seemed very fancy, sir. Real polished, y'might say like a pureblood witch. She wore pricy black witch robes, a gold M badge that only higher ups wear, her brown hair was up in a bun, an' she was real pretty. Harry looked like his dad o'course, an' very healthy, but the girl beside her looked like either her sissy or Niece as she called her. If I didn't know those kids weren't hers, I'd assume she was a real protective mum."

"And you said that she mentioned your Dragon egg," Dumbledore mused. "How could she have known you were harboring it in your hut?"

"I don't right know, Professor," Hagrid answered. "But she seemed t' know me, and I had a right odd feelin' like I knew her too, if that makes sense. Can I go? I got an egg t' watch over."

"Yes, do go, Hagrid," Dumbledore ordered. "I will examine your memories in due course."

Once Hagrid was gone, Severus Snape arrived as previously planned. "May I ask why you summoned me? I have no further reports for you regarding the Dark Lord."

"I suspect that a witch has traveled from another time, but I don't want to alert the Unspeakables...yet anyway, unless I have determined whether or not she is loyal to the lightside or not," Dumbledore explained. "She took Harry Potter from his Aunt and Uncle's residence, and also a half blood witch by the name of Hermione Granger. I cannot guess as to her reasons for this, but I need you to keep a close eye on this witch's charges."

Snape scowled, "Very well. And what of the witch herself? You seem quite put out about it to summon me to trail her."

Dumbledore hated being so transparent, but this witch's actions made him wary of her more than he liked to admit. "Just get it done, Severus. Do whatever is necessary to find out about her loyalties..."

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Severus

Just come right out and admit that you want me to possibly seduce her, you coward. "Will there be anything else, Headmaster?"

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, do keep a sharp eye on Quirrlius Quirrel as well when school is in session. He has been acting more squirrelly of late, and if he proves to be false...well, use your imagination on that one."

Severus rolled his eyes. "Understood. Am I dismissed?"

"Yes. Good day, Severus."

"If you say so."

Severus went back to his office, and distracted himself by working on his lesson plans for the year. When that was done, he decided to travel to Diagon Alley to begin this ridiculous spy business on this mysterious witch. But what he didn't plan on was what his reaction to her would be once he saw her face to face at last...

 But what he didn't plan on was what his reaction to her would be once he saw her face to face at last