Thirty-Two: Home Sweet Home?

Sirius

Grimmauld Place revealed itself to the tall, ragged pureblood wizard. Clearly, magic surrounded the property, so someone was living there. But who? He walked up the steps to his childhood home, not certain if he should knock, or ring the doorbell. He rang the doorbell, and Kreacher answered the door. The grim faced house elf wore a fine black butler suit, and wore a fine locket on a chain around his little neck.

"M-Master Sirius?" The elf greeted, his wide gray eyes round with shock. "Kreacher was under the impression you were killed for your treason to all purebloods around."

Sirius rolled his eyes, pushing his unruly black hair out of his eyes. "It's nice to see you too, Kreacher. Am I not allowed in my own house?"

Kreacher rolled his eyes. "Mistress Prince won't like such an unexpected guest, nor will the Master, should he find out. But, do come in, Kreacher cannot stop a blood relative of the noble House of Black from entering the premises."

Kreacher let him pass, and while the house elf heads were gone, and the whole house had been majorly renovated, it still retained the essence of a Slytherin pureblood's home. Kreacher cleared his throat, "Will Master Sirius take tea, or coffee, as Mistress Prince is so partially disposed to? Perhaps some food? You look like you're on crack right now."

"Umm, tea, I guess. Where is this Mistress Prince of yours, Kreacher?" He dared to ask.

Kreacher rolled his eyes as if he were a dumb child. "Why, with Mistress Narcissa, obviously, for the Displaced Widows and Orphans Foundation. You may reside in the South wing, and--"

A shrill cry of a baby pierced the quiet of the house, and a female house elf popped in wearing a maid uniform. "Kreacher, young Master Sebastian requires the tiger plush toy. Kreacher knows that only Kreacher can calm him down for his nap. Wilna will handle our wizard caller, although Mistress Hermione won't like this."

"Nor will Smocky," Kreacher remarked dryly. "And she is busy with Spinners End of late, but Kreacher cannot send Master Sirius to Master Prince's home."

Wilna giggled, "Oh hush, Kreacher, leave her be. It's not Smocky's fault that Dobby is a bad elf for leaving her when she is with youngling. Wilna just wishes Dobby would drink himself to death for being a cheating pig."

Sirius cleared his throat as the baby cried again. "Oh! Forgive us, Master Sirius," Wilna apologized. "Mistress Hermione loves talking to us staff about the goings on of the households. Come, Master Sirius, Wilna will make sure you have all you need for your stay, however long that is..."

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Kreacher disapparated away, and the baby soon stopped crying. Wilna showed him to what was Regulus's old bedroom. They went past his old room, and he saw that that was being used, and Wilna placed him in his cousin Narcissa's old bedroom. The entire home was immaculate, and tastefully, but elegantly decorated.

He found his old clothes from his teenage days, and located the Master bathroom. Even that was changed to all black tiling with a huge jet tub, walk in shower, a water closet, and...the heraldry of the Prince family on fine embroidered towels. The counter top was a slate gray granite, and had a his and hers sink with neatly organized toiletries lined up. Clearly, the entire home had a woman's touch to it, but some of it had touches of a man's as well, a man who liked dark elegant things.

He stripped out of his clothes, and looked himself over in the silver gilt edged mirrors. Black tattoos covered his chest, arms, and hands, and he looked gaunt and thin, too thin. He decided to take a shower, and he washed up with the wizard's hair products, and used the body wash. He dried off, and decided to trim his ragged black hair to his shoulders, and shave off his beard down a nicely trimmed goatee. Once he looked human again, he waved his wand and cleaned up his mess.