Eighty: Back To The Beginning

I could feel the changes done to my timeline: Harry Potter made the ultimate sacrifice to save the wizarding world. The few zealous deatheaters who were left in the world, continued on to a huge Battle of Hogwarts. Angel, my brother in law, along with his clan, helped bring Antonin Dolohov to heel, and Fenrir Greyback died in a brutal fight to the death where Angel proved that he was ruthless enough to be a leader in the medieval sense, one could say.

Severus and I courted, but did not do so openly until I graduated from Hogwarts. Draco did not kill Headmaster Dumbledore, but after Harry died, whatever manipulation curse was on him fell off, and Professor McGonagoll and him eventually made up, and married on school grounds, because they finally admitted openly their feelings for one another.

On Christmas of last year, Severus proposed to me by the Christmas tree in Grimmauld Place, and I accepted eagerly....

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

The timeturner placed me back in my courtroom office, and I heard the commotion of a fight taking place. Severus burst in, and he declared, "Crouch and his goons broke loose from auror control."

I tucked my timeturner into my robes, and made sure my Ministry M pin was firmly in place. "Shall we go take out the trash, then?"

His smile was wicked. "Obviously."

The courtroom was, indeed, in chaos. Severus and I held our wands out, and incapacitated every deatheater we found. Severus in his capacity as Chief Auror, took out most of the rogue deatheaters. I found Narcissa knocked out unconscious beside the witness stand.

I crouched down, and revived her. "Oh. I'm so sorry, Madame Minister. McNair and his goons knocked me out as I was trying to curse them."

Draco limped inside from where he was fighting the deatheaters in the outer corridor. He knelt down and checked her vitals. "Are you alright, mum?"

Narcissa nodded. "You look worse for wear."

Draco chuckled, "A stupid Impedimenta jinx gone awry. I'll be fine. I think Goyle senior got away, though, there were too many of them, honestly. I'm glad you're okay, though, Hermione. They were after you."

I nodded. "Of course, they were. I think we will have to call a recess to the trial in light of what their goon squad did."

"So noted, Minister," Narcissa said, all business once again. She stood up, and straightened her robes. "I insist on dinner tonight in the London penthouse."

"I accept," I said.

Severus finished up with his aurors, and rose an eyebrow at the both of us. "Are you witches conspiring?"

Narcissa laughed, "Oh, always, Severus, you know that. But not to worry, it's not malicious, merely dinner at the London penthouse."

"That could be hazardous to the health, ask any competent Potioneer," Severus drawled. "Besides, you don't find it odd to play second fiddle to the Lovegood girl as it concerns my brother?"

A brief flash of pain washed over her face. "Sometimes. But, he loves us both very much, and yes, it does hurt that she is more his mate, but he loves me too."

I hugged her, knowing that 'Cissa still occasionally struggled with Lord Angel's choice to bond fully to Luna, because Lucius did the same thing to her in regards to Fleur Delacour, now Malfoy. But, I knew that Narcissa deeply loved her vampire Prince, and he loved her, just never as much as he loved Luna.

"I just want you to be happy 'Cissa," I said.

Narcissa nodded, smiling. "I know. I at least have Andra again in my life, and her daughter Dora is coming around to liking me, although she insists on just using her last name, which is more odd than her dating Remus Lupin."

I laughed, "Tonks was always a bit odd, but she grows on you after a while, I have found. It's nice that my future son and his girlfriend saved them during the Battle of Hogwarts, although it is strange to not have either of my sons in my life yet."

Narcissa winked, looking at my garnet, sapphire, and diamond engagement ring. "Have you set a date yet?"

Severus groaned at the pointed question. I rolled my eyes, and held his hand. He wrapped an arm around my waist, and kissed my cheek. I pecked him on the cheek.

"I think in the Spring, May at the latest," I answered. "I think we want to have the wedding on the Prince shoreline as a way to mark the reopening of the estate."

Narcissa smiled. "A beach wedding, that sounds lovely. I am definitely going to help with the planning."

"Then I accept. I'll see you at dinner."

We gave each other air kisses, and Narcissa left us be.

Severus held me close. "Are you sure you will be alright?"

I nodded, knowing it went against work protocol to kiss in public. "It's nothing a little coffee won't fix. Go work, I have things covered."

He kissed my hand. "Alright."

I did just that, got coffee, and waited in my office until the courtroom was cleaned up. When it was, I finished my coffee, and the trial commenced.

Dinner later on was a casual, but festive affair, and when Severus and I announced our wedding plans, everyone was happy for us. Months fell off the calendar as our plans to marry took shape. But, it wasn't until the wedding day, and I was helped into my wedding gown that it all became real to me: I was getting married, and I couldn't have been happier if I tried!

 But, it wasn't until the wedding day, and I was helped into my wedding gown that it all became real to me: I was getting married, and I couldn't have been happier if I tried!