•••George Kittle•••

Title: Sweet but Psycho
Warnings: None

________________________

Your eyes slowly blinked open to the sound of music from your tv speakers and with a quick glance, you saw the end credits of the movie rolling. You groaned and dramatically threw your arm over your eyes. A smile curled at your lips though when you began to recall your last few minutes of consciousness.

It had been a long day at work, you had come home exhausted, and George —being the lovely boyfriend he was— had made up the couch for you to take a much needed nap.

George always made sure that you were taken care of and at your healthiest. If you were exhausted and needed help around the house, he would drop everything to help you in a heartbeat. If you just wanted to cuddle with him, he would jump on the couch and pull you right into his arms. If you were hurt or sick, he would take care of you no matter what, even if he ended up getting sick himself.

Your mental and physical health was no joke to him, so he did everything in his power to keep you happy and healthy. It didn't matter how stubborn you were either; when this man was serious, you listened.

This man loved you so much. He was completely at your mercy. He would do anything you asked him. He would seriously die for you if you asked him to.

Even though you shouldn't have been surprised when you got home to see him sitting on the couch with blankets and pillows surrounding him, and a glass of water and some snacks on the coffee table with your favorite movie on, you still were.

When you saw him, with that wide crooked smile lighting up his face, your heart nearly exploded. I'm fact, you almost burst into tears at the love in your heart for this man who loved you with his whole heart.

He had stood up and opened his arms, a silent way of saying 'welcome home' after a long day. You had immediately collapsed in his arms, all the stress that had built up from the day vanishing as soon as you found the comfort of his arms.

The exhaustion that you had fought off all day with (coffee/energy drinks) instantly hit you and George quickly found you growing heavier in his arms as he whispered sweet nothings in your ear. He had an idea that you had fallen asleep and he was proven correct when he found you unresponsive with your eyes shut.

He had gently laid you on the couch and covered you with a blanket before placing a kiss to your temple and leaving to go catch up on some film for the upcoming game before dinner.

Remembering that you had promised George an early dinner had you quickly scrambling to sit up to catch a glimpse of one of the windows. You were greeted by darkness between the cracks in the blinds, indicating that you had sleep past sunset.

You swore and threw the blankets off of you in a hurry. Your legs got caught in them when you went to stand and you almost ate the ground as you struggled to free yourself.

Once you were freed, you lifted your gaze to look around the house. Your eyebrows began to slowly pull together as you listened to the silence. Your home was never silent, even when you were sleeping. It was odd...and suspicious. Where was your boyfriend?

As you opened your mouth to call out to him, abrupt and wild laughter rang out from upstairs. You stilled, paling at the terrifying sound that made the hair on your forearms stand.

You slowly turned around to face the stairs. That hadn't sounded like your boyfriend. It was a laugh that you knew didn't belong to your boyfriend. Though you knew your boyfriend was a crazy child trapped in a man's body, you also knew that that crazy laugh sounded nothing like him.